UCEED 2018 was conducted in online mode by IIT Bombay on January 20. IIT, Bombay will release UCEED 2018 Answer key on January 27, 2018. It was a computer-based test of 3 hours duration.
Answer key for UCEED has been released:
Candidates can check UCEED 2018 exam analysis here.
- Question paper seemed to be easy and almost similar to that of 2017 paper.
- Section A, NAT was time-consuming and a bit lengthier while the remaining sections were as usual. Check UCEED 2018 Paper Analysis (Detailed)
- MSQ section were tricky while comparing to that of other sections.
- Based on UCEED 2018 Cut off list, the candidates will be selected.
- UCEED Result 2018 will be declared on February 18, 2018.
UCEED cut offs comprise of the last rank at which aspirants have been offered admission in Colleges accepting UCEED scores/ranks for admission. UCEED rank list will be prepared basis total marks scored by candidates in Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED).
UCEED 2018 Answer Key
- Before releasing the final answer key, a draft answer key will be released on January 27, 2018.
- In case candidates find any answers incorrect they can submit challenges for the same by January 31, 2018.
- Through UCEED 2018 Answer Key candidates can calculate their expected scores in the written entrance test.
- The final answer key, which will be released in February 2018 will be binding and cannot be challenged any further.
- The answer key will be available in pdf format.
How to check UCEED 2018 Answer Key?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to check the UCEED 2018 Answer Key:
- Visit UCEED official website i.e. www.uceed.iitb.ac.in
- Select the Downloads tab at the home page.
- Click on UCEED 2018 Answer Key link.
- Download the pdf file of the answer key.
- Check the answers and calculate the expected scores.
How to Challenge UCEED 2018 Answer Key?
- In case of any discrepancies in the draft answer key, candidates can raise objections online. Challenges towards the questions must be submitted through Email.
- Applicants can submit the grievances at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject section, candidates must mention “Comments on Answer Key”.
- As soon as the challenge will be received by the committee, comments will be examined and final decision will be available for the candidates at the portal.
- The finally released UCEED 2018 answer key will be obligatory.
UCEED 2018 Paper Analysis
- Several unexpected questions from Probability (Mathematics) appeared this time for the exam.
- English questions were precarious and were in same number as the previous year.
- In Design & Aptitude, questions from Spatial, Verbal and Mechanical Ability were given priority.
- Questions from Verbal, Spatial and Mechanical Ability topics especially involving images appeared as expected in a very good number.
Overall, the question paper covered broad topics which gave the platform for everyone to secure good marks. Some aspirants said they did well in NAT, while others performed well in MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) and MSQ sections. So, there are chances that the average marking and maximum marks would remain just like in the previous year.
UCEED 2018 Cut Off
- UCEED 2018 Cut off will be announced by IIT Bombay.
- Only the candidates having secured the cut off scores will be offered admissions to the participating institutes.
- Cut Off marks will be available as per various categories i.e. Unreserved, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Persons with Disabilities (PWD) and Other Backward Class.
- After the release of cut off scores, the admissions committee will proceed with the counseling process.
Given below is the previous year cut off with which candidates can get the estimates of expected cut off for UCEED 2018:
|Category||Percentage of Marks in Each Section||Minimum Total Marks|
|Unreserved/ Common Rank List||10||100|
|Other Backward Classes- Non-Creamy Layer (OBC NCL)||9||90|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||5||50|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||5||50|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||5||50|
Minimum marks that aspirants need to secure in each section of Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design to make it to the exam’s rank list is as follows:
|Category||Section A||Section B||Section C||Total Marks|