Delhi Technological University (DTU) Offers admission to M.Tech Programmes through GATE score. The application forms are available in online mode and the last date to apply is July 20, 2020. After that, the list of shortlisted based on GATE score will be released on August 3, 2020.
- Except for Biomedical Engineering (BM), in the rest of the courses accept GATE scores are acceptable for admission. Download GATE Scorecard
- The admission in this course will be done based on a written test which is scheduled for August 11, 2020.
- Candidates are also advised to go through the eligibility criteria before applying for the same.
Delhi Technological University, formerly known as Delhi College of Engineering, is one of the oldest public universities established prior to Independence. It is contemporary in its teachings and core values. The Times has ranked DTU 2nd in the survey conducted for 2019. DTU offers courses like M.Tech., MBA, M.Sc. and Ph.D.
Highlights of DTU M. Tech Admission 2020
The article discusses the important aspects for regular candidates applying for M.Tech (Masters of Technology) programmes in the DTU based on the GATE score. DTU has published the notification regarding the M.Tech admission process through GATE.
|Level||Postgraduate at University Level|
|Conducting body||DTU, New Delhi|
|Exam score accepted||GATE except Biomedical Engineering (BME), Industrial Biotechnology (IBT) and Computational Design (CDN) course.|
DTU Important Dates
DTU Important Dates 2020
DTU Important Dates
For the admission procedures to be a cakewalk, applicants need to be aware of the important events and the dates to unfold during the procedure. Candidates can mark the dates mentioned below to complete the admission process:
|Opening of the website for Online Registration||Jun 24, 2020|
|Last date for Online Registration||Jul 20, 2020|
|Schedule Based on Gate Score|
|Display of eligible candidates List for 1st Round||Aug 03, 2020|
|1st Round admissions at DTU for all branches||Aug 08, 2020|
|Submission of Freezing Forms in the Department||Aug 10, 2020|
|Display of vacant seats 2nd Round||Aug 13, 2020|
|2nd Round of admission||Aug 17, 2020|
|Display of vacant seats for spot round||Aug 20, 2020|
|Spot Round of Admission||Aug 24, 2020|
|Schedule Based on Written Test|
|Display of list of eligible candidates for Written Test in IBT||Aug 03, 2020|
|Issue of Online Admit Card||Aug 07, 2020|
|Date of Written Test for IBT||Aug 11, 2020|
|Display of list of shortlisted candidates for 1st Round||Aug 12, 2020|
|1st Round of admission||Aug 14, 2020|
DTU Eligibility Criteria
DTU Eligibility Criteria 2020
DTU Eligibility Criteria
An important factor to never be missed out during the application process is to check the eligibility criteria. If the candidate fails to meet the eligibility criteria, then the efforts put in will be to no avail. So, it is important to read the guidelines carefully and thoroughly as you wouldn’t want to miss out on a seat.
- The candidate must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a relevant field. Qualifying marks in the bachelor's is a minimum of 60% or equivalent CGPA.
- The final year students can also apply, provided they complete all the necessary requirements of the qualifying degree before the date of the DTU registration.
- The final year students must submit the proof of passing the qualifying degree examination with the requisite percentage of marks within the last date (tentatively September End).
- Candidates having AMIE/AMIS/AMIIChE/AMIIM/Grad IETE, who possess B.Sc. or Diploma in engineering can also apply.
- Equivalent CGPA can be calculated using the formula-
- CGPA = (%of Marks +7.5)/10
- Percentage of Marks = (10*CGPA)- 7.5
Quick reference table for equivalent CGPA and percentage of marks can be referred below-
|Grade point||Percent of Marks|
The relaxations for the qualifying examination percentage for the students belonging to the various categories are
- 10% relaxation for SC/ST/Persons with Disability
- 5% relaxation for OBC
There are around ten programs from which the candidate can opt to pursue their post-graduate course. The programmes with specializations are given below –
|Programme||Specialization||Number of GATE fellowship for full time candidates|
|Applied Chemistry||Polymer Technology (PTE)||24|
|Information Technology||Information System (ISY)||24|
|Applied Physics||Nano Science & Technology (NST)||24|
|Bio Technology||Bioinformatics (BIO)||25|
|Civil Engineering||Geotechnical Engineering (GTE)||24|
|Civil Engineering||Geotechnical Engineering (GTE)||20|
|Hydraulics & Water Resources Engineering (HRE)||24|
|Structural Engineering (STE)||24|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||25|
|Software Engineering (SWE)||25|
|Electronics & Communications Engineering||Microwave & Optical Communication (MOC) Run jointly with the Applied Physics Department||24|
|Signal Processing & Digital Design (SPD)||24|
|VLSI Design and Embedded System (VLS)||25|
|Electrical Engineering||Control & Instrumentation(C&I)||24|
|Power System (PSY)||25|
|Power Electronics and System (PES)||24|
|Environment Engineering||Environmental Engineering (ENE)||24|
|Mechanical Engineering||Production Engineering (PIE)||24|
|Thermal Engineering (THE)||25|
Also Check GATE Eligibility
DTU Me.Tech Admission Reservation Criteria
- The university follows the reservation rules of the Government.
- The reservation for PWD candidates will be implemented department wise.
- 1 seat each will be reserved for Kishmire Migrant Candidates in all the M.Tech courses offered.
|Categ0ry||Seat Reserved||Relaxation in Essential Qualification|
DTU Application Process
DTU Application Process 2020
DTU Application Process
The application process is convenient as it is online. Before filling the application, the candidates have to register themselves. The steps to complete the application are outlined below for the convenience of students.
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates have to register themselves by feeding basic details like name, date of birth, email Id and mobile number.
- Upon successful registration, candidates will be notified of successful registration and receive an application number on the respective registered email and mobile number.
Step 2: Application Form
- The next step to be followed is to log in. Be safe with your password and do not lose it.
- The candidates have to fill their application on details requested such as personal, educational and communication details.
- Ensure twice to see that you have filled the authentic details and no errors are made.
Step 3: Uploading Documents
- The last step involves candidates uploading the scanned images of their Photographs, Signature, GATE Score Card, Graduation Mark sheet and Date of Birth Proof as per the specifications provided by the authorities.
Specifications for Uploading Documents:
|Photograph||4 KB - 100 KB||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature||1 KB - 30 KB||JPG/JPEG|
|Documents (GATE Score Card, Graduation Mark sheet and Date of Birth Proof)||50 KB - 1 MB|
Step 4: Application Fee Payment
- In online mode through credit/debit card or internet banking, application fee payment has to be done to confirm your application form.
Application Fee of M. Tech 2020 is as follows:
|General Category Candidates||Rs 1000/-|
|ST/SC/PwD Candidates||Rs 500/-|
Step 5: Print Acknowledgment Page
- Upon successful application fee payment, an acknowledgment page will be generated.
- Download the acknowledgment page for future reference.
- It is advisable to take a print out of the application form and also have copies of it, as it is required at the time of counselling.
DTU Counselling Process
DTU Counselling Process – First Round
- The admission procedure for the various streams in the different departments is based on the normalized GATE score obtained by the candidates. A merit list is prepared for each program in the department by using the normalized GATE score for different papers.
- The calculation of normalized GATE score is done using the formula
Normalized GATE Score=100 x (Marks obtained by the candidate in that subject/
Maximum Marks awarded in that subject in that year)
- If coincidentally, candidates are tied on the normalized GATE score, then the candidate with the higher percentage in the qualifying degree examination will be given the priority.
First Round of Admission
- The candidate must visit the website at www.dtuadmissions.nic.in to check if they feature in the list of candidates selected for the first round of admission. The list is also made available in the department notice boards too.
- Once a candidate is selected in any round of admission, the candidate must then proceed to pay the annual fee in the account section of DTU. This fee should be paid in one installment only and can be paid through a DD drawn in favor of the ‘Registrar, Delhi Technological University’ payable at Delhi.
- Upon successful deposit of this fee, the candidate shall be handed a fee receipt. The candidate must submit this fee receipt to the Department to validate the candidate’s admission.
- The candidate must finalize the admission in the particular program by filling up a freezing form and submitting it at the Department (which offers the program) along with the fee receipt. The candidates who finalize their admissions by filling up the freezing shall not be considered for an upgrade to another program.
- A candidate who receives an upgrade of the program from another Department has to take a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the department that initially offered a program to the candidate. The candidate is not required to deposit the fee again but must submit the fee receipt and the original documents to the new department.
Cancellation of seat:
- The seat offered to the candidate shall be cancelled if the candidate does not bring the official documents (mentioned in the next section) needed for the verification process.
- The seat will also be cancelled if the candidate does not report or send an authorized representative on the scheduled day of counseling.
- Moreover, the candidate shall forfeit his/her seat if the candidate does not pay the annual fee after allotment.
The candidate, who loses the seat offered to him/her in one of the above ways, shall not be eligible to attend the subsequent rounds of counseling. In the event that a seat for a candidate is cancelled, the seat is offered to the next eligible candidate on the merit list. Subsequent rounds of counseling for admission are done based on the unfilled seats.
Check GATE Counselling
DTU Counselling Process – Second Round
- This round entirely depends on the availability of seats.
- List of available seats will be made available on the official website.
- Venue for the next rounds of counseling shall not change.
There is no chance of directly seeking admission into the second semester of any higher semester of the program.
DTU Documents Required
DTU Important Documents Required 2020
DTU Documents Required
The Department shall inform the candidate of the reporting time and reporting date. The candidate must be at the given reporting venue at the scheduled time and date. The candidates must personally come in for the admissions along with the following set of documents. Along with the originals of the documents, the candidate must also carry one set of self-attested photocopies of the documents. If the candidate isn’t able to be there in person for the admission, the admissions process can be completed on his/her behalf through an authorized representative. The authorized representative must have the duly signed authorization letter.
The documents required are:
- Certificates of all Qualifying Examinations (Pass certificate).
- Mark Sheets of all Qualifying Examinations.
- Category Certificate under which the candidate is claiming seat under reservation (SC/ST/OBC (must also bring necessary financial documents to support claim)/Physically Handicapped).
- GATE Score Card (The NRI/POI/FN candidates can submit the GRE Score Card).
The list of documents given below does not pertain to candidates applying for M.Tech Programs based on the GATE and GATE Score.
- Experience Certificate and Sponsorship Certificate in the specified format for Full Time Sponsored Candidates.
- Experience Certificate and No Objection Certificate for Part Time Sponsored Candidates.
Along with the original set and self attested photocopies of the above documents, the candidate must also bring the Demand Draft for the annual fee payment. The Demand Draft (DD) must be drawn in favor of ‘Registrar, Delhi Technological University’ payable at Delhi.
DTU Cut off for M. Tech 2020
- The exam conducting authorities will determine the cutoff on the basis of GATE Scores and the number of applicants.
- Various factors like a number of seats, availability of seats, difficulty level of exam, previous year cutoff trends, and so on are considered by authorities while producing the merit list.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for different disciplines and categories.
- Candidates who successfully make into the merit list are eligible for the counseling process.
DTU Fee Structure
DTU Fee Structure 2020
DTU Fee Structure
The fee particulars are shown in the table below.
|Particulars||First and Second-year fee (in Rs)|
|Student welfare fee Co-curricular activities, annual Gathering, Student Welfare, Institutional Development, Misc. Expenditure on Unspecified Items)||18,000|
|Facilities & service charges||25,000|
|Economically weaker section fund||5000|
|Premium amount for mediclaim of student||500|
- The annual fee for the program should be deposited at the time of admission itself.
- Candidates who are in the waiting list shall be given one day time to deposit this fee.
- In case the candidate withdraws his/her admission before the end of July, the entire money paid will be refunded after a Rs. 1,000 deduction.
- In case the candidate withdraws his/her admission after the end of July, only the security deposit will be refunded.