The vacancies for the post of Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) will be released by Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL). The recruitment will be done based on GATE 2020 scores. The authorities have not released any official notice regarding the recruitment process. However, in the year 2019, the authorities had cancelled recruitment process due to some administrative reasons.
GATE 2020 scores are the first step for the candidature to be considered. The Candidates must have a valid Gate 2020 Score to fill the registration form of JTO (Civil & Electrical). No additional examination will be conducted by BSNL for this position. Download GATE Scorecard
- Other deserving candidates from Telecom, Computer Science, Electrical, Radio, Information Technology and Instrumentation Engineering disciplines are eligible for BSNL JTO GATE Recruitment 2020.
- The candidates from the Master of Science degree in Computer Science/Electronics are also eligible for this post. Kindly go through the article for further information on the same.
- After completion of the GATE 2020 examination, the cut-off will be declared officially by the BSNL. The candidates qualifying the range will be eligible to apply for the post. Check GATE Cut off
The opportunity to work as BSNL JTO is prestigious and since it belongs to the central government along with a good salary and a lot of other perks. In this article, the information regarding the salary, allowances and perks, promotion and job profile will be given.
Must Read: BHEL Recruitment Through GATE
BSNL Recruitment Notification – 2020
The first requirement of BSNL recruitment is that the candidate must have appeared for the GATE 2020 and also have qualified the same. There will be no interview round for the selection of the candidates and no shortlist will be released. The selection of the candidate will be solely on the basis of their GATE score. One important thing to note is that all the applications will be submitted online only. There will be no acceptance of the applications submitted through offline modes.
Important Dates for BSNL JTO
Important Dates for BSNL JTO 2020
|1||Start Date of BSNL Application Form||To be announced|
|2||Last Date for BSNL Application Form||To be announced|
BSNL JTO Salary & Allowance
BSNL JTO Salary, Allowance with Structure
- BSNL JTO is considered one of the most popular jobs among non-tech engineers.
- For Executive Cadre of E1, the basic pay scale is Rs 16,400 to 40,500. The average annual compensation for varies between Rs 4,50,000 to 6,00,000.
- However, for employees, there is continuous additional pay revision. The salary is usually increased by 15% to 25% after 3rd pay revision committee’s recommending the same.
- A lot of other benefits such as free landline connection along with mobile, discounted broadband connection, and other medical facilities are provided to the JTO Executives
Kindly go through the following table for the detailed BSNL JTO In-hand salary, allowances and perks applicable. The table includes the necessary information city-wise.
|Salary Component||Class A Cities||Class B Cities||Class C Cities|
|House Rent Allowance||4,920 (30% of Basic pay)||3,280 ((20% of Basic)||1,640 (10% of Basic)|
|Salary in hand||40,603||38,963||37,323|
Gate 2020 BSNL JTO Requirements
- According to the notification, the telecom circle wise merit list will be declared after GATE 2020 result.
- Based on the available vacancy and GATE 2020 score, the merit list will be prepared.
- There will not be any further examination or interview conducted by BSNL for the recruitment for JTO.
- Organization: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- Post Announced: Junior Telecom Officer (JTO)
- Application Mode: Online
- Fee Payment Mode: Online
- Vacancies: 198 (Tentative)
- Pay Scale: Rs 16,400 to Rs 40,500
- Discipline: Electrical & Civil
- Selection Procedure: Valid GATE 2020 Score
Vacancy Details for BSNL JTO
Vacancy Details for BSNL JTO 2020
Find the details of the vacancies(tentative) for different circles:
|S. No.||Name of Telecom circles||Total vacancies*||OBC||SC||ST|
|7||Jammu & Kashmir||6||04||00||02|
|12||Northern Telecom Region||4||02||01||01|
|18||Uttar Pradesh [West]||3||01||01||01|
|22||Uttar Pradesh [East]||9||09||00||00|
Eligibility Criteria BSNL JTO
Eligibility Criteria of BSNL JTO 2020
The BSNL JTO recruitment Criteria through GATE 2020 is mentioned below
- Candidates must have done B.Tech or B.E. in Electrical/ Electronics/ Radio/ Telecom/ Information Technology/Instrumentation
- Candidates having M.Sc (Computer Science/ Electronics) can apply
- Candidates must have Indian Nationality
|S. No.||Post Announced: JTO||Eligible Disciplines||GATE Paper Code|
|1||Instrumentation Engineering||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|2||Telecom/ Electronics/ Radio/ Electrical and,||Electrical/ Electronics/ Radio/ Telecom||EE|
|3||Computer Science||Computer Science||CS|
- Candidates are advised to fill the details as per mentioned in the documents to avoid mistakes while filling the form.
- The form can be filled online on BSNL Portal i.e. www.bsnl.co.in.
Application Form BSNL JTO
Application Process for BSNL JTO
Find important information for the application process below:
- The mode of application is online only.
- The application process is for the post of JTO (Electrical & Civil) under SRD for ST, SC & OBC candidates in BSNL
- While filling the application form, the details should be added as mentioned in the document to avoid any mistakes.
- The online application form is available on www.bsnl.co.in
- The complete notification can be downloaded as PDF when it is released by BSNL
How to Apply for BSNL JTO 2020
Follow the procedure while filling the application form:
Step 1: Online Registration
- Candidate applying for the first time have to register. All other candidates can directly log-in with their set passwords.
- The application form needs to be filled online which is available on the official website.
- Mention GATE 2020 Registration Number as available on the GATE Admit Card
Step 2: Fill Personal Details
- The form should be filled which includes personal details, academic details, etc in the online application form
- After filling the details, the fees have to be paid. The mode of payment is online only.
Step 3: Online Payment
- After payment of the fees, the candidates have to submit the application form after reviewing.
- At last, candidates can save & download the application form for future reference.
BSNL JTO Application Fees
The application fees after filling the form for BSNL JTO is as follows:
|General and OBC||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC / ST||Rs. 500/-|
Note: The fees can be filled through online methods only like net-banking, credit or debit cards.