GATE logo
IIT BHU GATE Cutoff and Selection Process
Exam: 05 Feb `21
See all dates
Nikkil Visha logo

Nikkil Visha

Exams Prep Master

GATE 2020 Cutoff for IIT BHU is the minimum marks which the candidates need to score in the online national level engineering exam. Candidates will be able to check cutoff marks seperately according to category and course opted for by visiting the official website of IIT BHU. 

  • Moreover, only those candidates who had applied for the counselling process at COAP Portal will be considered for admission. 
  • IIT BHU determines the GATE Cut Off for various categories and disciplines in which they will be offering admission. For selection through GATE, 70% weightage will be given to the performance in GATE 2020 and the rest 30% weightage will be given to the candidate’s performance in an interview as per MHRD guidelines. 

IIT BHU is also known as Banaras Engineering College (BENCO), College of Technology (TECHNO), Institute of Technology- Banaras Hindu University (IT-BHU) and College of Mining and Metallurgy (MINMET). 

Candidates can check their names in the course-wise list released by IIT BHU for admission in M.Tech courses based on GATE 2020 scores.

BC – Biochemical Engineering List of Selected Candidates
BM – Biomedical Engineering List of Selected Candidates
CR – Ceramic Engineering List of Selected Candidates
CE – Civil Engineering List of Selected Candidates
CH –Chemical Engineering & Technology List of Selected Candidates
EE – Electrical Engineering List of Selected Candidates
EE – Systems Engineering List of Selected Candidates
EC – Electronics Engineering List of Selected Candidates
MS – Materials Science & Technology List of Selected Candidates
ME – Mechanical Engineering List of Selected Candidates
MT – Metallurgical Engineering List of Selected Candidates
MN – Mining Engineering List of Selected Candidates
PH – Pharmacy List of Selected Candidates
DE – Decision Sciences and Engineering List of Selected Candidates

IIT BHU GATE Cutoff Factors
IIT BHU GATE Cutoff Factors

GATE Cutoff depends on the various factors which are as follows

  • Previous year Cutoff of IIT BHU
  • Number of the candidates appeared in the exam
  • No of seats in each course
  • The difficulty level of GATE
  • Category of the candidate

GATE cutoff varies for different papers, the candidate needs to secure minimum marks (out of 1000) so that they are eligible for the interview/test.

IIT BHU Previous Year Cut off

IIT BHU M.Tech Previous Year GATE Cut off 

This given below table will get you the idea in brief about the selection process ranks of the candidates according to GATE Scores in IIT BHU. Following table will show you the GATE cut off of various courses according to the categories, here you go-

IIT BHU GATE Cutoff 2018

Department Specialization General OBC SC ST
School of Biomedical Engineering Biomedical Engineering 427 565 270 263
Material Science and Technology Material Science and Technology 411 353 265 371
Electrical Engineering Electrical Engineering 705 668 481 360
Electrical Engineering Systems Engineering 705 568 405 273
Mining Engineering Mining Engineering 292 500 321 205
School of Biochemical Engineering Biochemical Engineering 537 424 270
Chemical Engineering and Technology Chemical Engineering 462 444 366 207
Mechanical Engineering Mechanical Engineering 754 732 484

529

IIT BHU GATE Cutoff 2017

Program

 General 

OBC

SC

ST

Metallurgical Engineering

433

341

No Minimum Cutoff Mark

No Minimum Cutoff Mark

Metallurgy and Materials Science Engineering

No Minimum Cutoff Mark

No Minimum Cutoff Mark

No Minimum Cutoff Mark

-

Mechanical Engineering

743

734

525

433

Electronics & Communication Engineering

618

566

No Minimum Cutoff Mark

-

Civil Engineering

624

530

437

-

Chemical Engineering

483

423

221

No Minimum Cutoff Mark

IIT BHU GATE Cutoff 2016

M.Tech Programmes GEN OBC SC ST
Applied Chemistry 357 217 66 --
Chemical Engineering 431 342 217 --
Ceramics 385 369 210 --
Civil 402 350 274 --
Electrical 514 363 265 375
E&C 672 510 307 --
EE 367 510 315 343
Mechanical 752 297 526 279
Metallurgy & Material 358 249 64 70
Material Science 374 -- -- --
Petrochemical 368 -- -- --
Physics 359 439 215 330
Polymer Engineering 575 -- -- --
Plastic Engineering 379 -- -- --
E&I -- 520 -- 1379
Plastic Technology -- 332 437 --
Polymer Science & Chemical Technology -- 411 342 --
Metallurgy 343 249 181 --
Nanotechnology -- 358 311 --
Microbiology -- -- 274

IIT BHU Eligibility Criteria

IIT BHU M.Tech 2020 Eligibility Criteria

Candidates can the eligibility criteria provided in the table below:

Particulars Eligibility Criteria
Qualification B.Tech or equivalent degree in relevant discipline.
Qualifying Examination At least 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10.
GATE A valid GATE score is must

IIT BHU Application Process

How to fill IIT BHU M.Tech 2020 Application Form?

  • Step 1: Registration – Visit the official website to register yourself and also register at the COAP platform. 
  • Step 2: Filling the application form – Fill the online application by providing all the necessary details.
  • Step 3: Primary program to study – Select the program that you want to pursue or for which you want to apply for admission. 
  • Step 4: Qualifying examination details – Enter the details of GATE
  • Step 5: Uploading documents – Upload all the required documents. 
  • Step 6: Payment of application form – Pay online application fees and Download the application form for future reference. 

Application Fee

Categories Application Fees
General and OBC-NCL Rs. 500
SC and ST Rs. 250

IIT BHU Selection Procedure

IIT BHU Selection Procedure 2020

If the student is to be selected through test/ interview processes for PG Programmes, 70% weightage will be given to the performance in GATE and the rest 30% weightage will be given to the candidate’s performance in interview as per MHRD guidelines. However, a minimum passing percentage may be applicable in the passing marks in the test/ interview.

The admission process in M.Tech Program will be on-line basis only. Candidates are required to fulfill the required details for the online admission application process. With the online application, candidates are requested to upload the certificates in the desired format. Candidates applying must pay their fee only online and send the e-receipt via email to the Head of the Department. 

Following are the certificates that are to be uploaded and show at the time of Interview Procedure

  • Date of Birth Certificate
  • E-receipt of the application processing fee
  • Category Certificate
  • Certificate of the Physical Challenged category
  • Medical Fitness Certificate from any medical practitioner
  • GATE Score Card
  • Marks sheets/ Degree Certificates/ Grade Sheets
  • Work Experience Certificate and relieving letter
  • Two letters of references
  • Undertaking letter
  • Copy of online generated application form duly signed by student
  • Copy of e-acknowledgement

IIT BHU Interview Process

Interview Process 2020

Interview process carries a total of 30% weightage in the selection process for the admission in M.Tech Programmes. Follow the given simple steps to prepare well for the interview

  • Prepare those topics in which you are through and prepare it will
  • Prepare the topics for the worst time as you answer every questions very well asked by the interview panel
  • Complete the topics with the formulae and facts
  • Be through with the basic concepts of every subject, as interview panel may ask you from any subject
  • Project concepts must be clear, questions may be asked from the projects and industrial training
  • If you are not remembering any answer then no need to worry, be confident and say, “I don’t know”
  • Don’t wild guess your answers, as next question can be asked on the same topic
  • If your interest persists in research, then prepare your research topic thoroughly.

M.Tech program at IIT BHU has a multidisciplinary approach with special emphasisn on scientific and engineering principles. Over the years it has acuired a prominent name in research oriented programs. Thus candidates have tostrive hard to gain admission in postgraduate program here which is strictly based on GATE scores. 


Financial Assistance

A valid GATE scorecard is necessary to obtain the Financial Assistantship during M.Tech Programs in relevant branches of Science supported by MHRD or other Govt Agencies. As per the guidelines of MHRD, the following procedure has to be adopted for taking admission in the PG Programs with MHRD assistantship. As per the norms by specific institutes, students may be directly admitted to his performance in GATE 2020 or the admission test and interviews conducted by the institutes. To avail the financial assistance (scholarship), the aspirant must first secure his admission to a program.

Read More  GATE Financial Assistance

A satisfactory Monthly Stipend in the form of Teaching Assistantships of INR 12,400 per month for 2 years, will be offered to M.Tech students from the Institute IIT BHU. A candidate will be assigned duties up to 8 hours per week by the Department to avail Teaching Assistantship. The renewal of teaching assistantship is dependent on the candidate’s performance in the academic programs and in exculpating of assistantship duty on a semester basis. Valid GATE score is necessary to avail the Institute Assistantships. IIT B.Tech Graduates having CGPA score 8.00 or more, would be eligible for the assistantship without appearing in GATE.

Read About PSU through GATE


IIT GATE Cutoff

Institutes Cutoff
IIT Madras Click Here
IIT Delhi Click Here
IIT Roorkee Click Here
IIT Guwahati Click Here
IIT Bombay Click Here
IIT Kharagpur Click Here
IIT Gandhinagar Click Here
IIT Kanpur Click Here
IIT Jodhpur Click Here
IIT Hyderabad Click Here
IIT Patna Click Here
IIT Mandi Click Here
IISC Bangalore Click Here

Comments



NO COMMENTS TO SHOW