Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore accepts only GATE scores for the admission in M.Tech courses. GATE qualifying candidates (GATE scores valid till three years) must register on COAP and also on the official institute’s website.
- Candidates will be able to access all available admission offers made by participating organizations at COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal).
- Also, the candidates have to apply online from the IIT Indore official website.
- Application Fee for the IIT Indore M.Tech admission through GATE is INR 800.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of GATE Scores, in addition to this, they have to clear a written test or a personal interview.
- GATE Cutoff will be declared by IIT Indore on the basis of seats availability and preferences of the participants.
- Documents verification will be done during the counselling process.
- All the candidates need to bring their original documents along with one attested copy of each document at the counselling venue.
- After the selection process conducted by the institute, participants will be notified on COAP in their 5 round of offers.
- Selected candidates must freeze their options and once locked, the options cannot be changed.
- Those who will accept the seats in any of the round they will not be considered in any of the subsequent rounds.
IIT Indore M.Tech Cutoff
IIT Indore MTech Cutoff
Cutoff is generally high for Mechanical Engineering. IIT Indore previous year GATE cutoff is mentioned below:
GATE 2016 Cutoff Score for IIT Indore
|M.Tech Program||Discipline||GATE Paper||General||OBC||SC||ST|
|Production & Industrial Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||ME, PI||742||693||422||-|
|Communication & Signal Processing||Electrical Engineering||EC||690||628||544||310|
|Material Sciences & Engineering||Metallurgy Engineering & Material Science||EE, ME, CH||625||650||326||-|
GATE 2015 Cutoff for IIT Indore
|S.No.||M.Tech courses||GATE Cutoff Score|
|1.||Production & Industrial Engineering||773||691||584||361|
|2.||Communication & Signal Processing||773||689||487||-|
|3.||Material Science & Engineering||684||635||478||-|
IIT Indore M.Tech Admission Important Dates
Important dates for admission to M.Tech program are mentioned below:
|Last date for online application||April 28, 2018|
|Last date for receiving the hard copy of the online application along with all the documents||May 5, 2018|
|Date of uploading the list of the candidates short-listed for counselling on IIT Indore website||May 29, 2018|
|Counselling schedule||June 6-9, 2018|
|Commencement of the program||July 24, 2018|
Specialization (Seats for TA category only: GEN+OBCNC+ SC+ST)
|Communication & Signal Processing||6||3||2||1|
|VLSI Design and Nanoelectronics||6||3||2||1|
|Production & Industrial Engineering||6||3||2||1|
|Material Science and Engineering||6||3||2||1|
IIT Indore M.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates must follow the qualification mentioned below to be eligible for the admission in M.Tech in IIT Indore 2017.
For M.Tech in Communication & Signal Processing (CSP):
- Minimum first class BE/B. Tech. degree in Electrical/ Electronics, Communication/ Electronics, Instrumentation /Telecommunication / Computer Science and Engineering/Information Technology, and;
- Candidates should hold valid GATE score in Electronic and Communication.
For M.Tech in VLSI Design and Nanoelectronics (VLSI D):
- Minimum first class* B.E./B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation and Control Engineering or Computer Science and Engineering; and;
- Valid GATE or CSIR-JRF or equivalent fellowship in EC / EE/IC/CS.
For M.Tech in Production & Industrial Engineering (PIE):
- Minimum first class* BE/B. Tech Degree in Mechanical/ Production/Industrial/ Manufacturing, Materials and Metallurgy/ Mechatronics/ Automobile Engineering; and
- Candidates must have valid GATE score in Production and Industrial (PI) or Mechanical (ME) engineering.
For M.Tech in Material Science and Engineering (MSE):
- Minimum first class* BE/B.Tech degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Metallurgy/ Material Science/ Automobile Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Physics / Material Science/ Applied Electronics/ equivalent, and;
- Candidates must have valid GATE score in relevant field as described above of engineering/science.
Note: IIT graduates with CPI equal to or more than 8.0, SWF, SWP, DF and IS category candidates are exempted from the GATE qualification.
The first class is defined as
- 60 % marks for GEN/OBC (55% for SC/ST) category in aggregate or as specified by the University/Institute; or
- CPI/CGPA of 6.0 for GEN/OBC (5.5 for SC/ST) category on the scale of 10; with corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than on 10 (for example 4.8 for GEN/OBC category (4.4 for SC/ST) on a scale of 8); or
- A first class as specified by the University/Institute awarding the degree.
IIT Indore M.Tech 2018 Application Fees
Application fee of INR 800 must be paid by the candidate in the online mode only by transferring to one of the following bank account:
- Bank Name: State Bank of India, Khandwa Road Branch, Indore
- Account Name: Registrar Indian Institute of Technology Indore
- Bank Account Number: 32426107444
- Bank Account Type: Current
- IFSC Code: SBIN0011779
IIT Indore M.Tech Admission Application Procedure 2018
Interested candidates need to follow the procedure below to apply for the admission in IIT Indore M.Tech 2018.
How to Apply?
- All Candidates must apply only after payment of the application fees is complete.
- Candidates need to enter the transaction details of the online payment in the online application form before filling in the details in the application form.
- After the payment o a fee, candidates can apply online through the official website “http://academic.iiti.ac.in”.
- The subject of online payment must mention “M.Tech. Application Fee”.
- While applying the application form online, the transaction ID of online application fee payment must be mentioned.
- Separate application form must be filled along with payment of application fee for applying to each M.Tech Program.
- After the submission of the application form by online mode, the filled application form must be downloaded for future reference.
- Candidates need to take a printout of the duly filled in online application.
Important documents that must reach the mentioned address before the last date:
- The signed hard-copy along with recent photograph of the candidate,
- Self-attested relevant certificates/document,
- Transaction slip of online payment of the application fee,
- Photocopy of the valid GATE score card
The envelope of the application must clearly mention "APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION IN (name of the programme and discipline) for AY 2017-18" and must be posted to the address below:
Address for Correspondence:
- For MTech Program in CSP, MSE & VLSI Design and Nanoelectronics: Ms. Shagufta Rahim
- For MTech Program in PIE: Mr. Sachin Laxman Bhirodkar
- For MTech Program in MSE: Ms. Nilu Roy
Indian Institute of Technology Indore,
Pin Code 453 552, (MP) India
Note: The applications received after the last date of application or not meeting the qualifying/eligibility criteria or incomplete will not be considered for further processing and no correspondence in such matters will be entertained.
IIT Indore M.Tech Selection Procedure 2018
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the GATE score for counselling.
- IIT graduates having CPI equal to or more than 8.0 are exempted from GATE qualification.
- The shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of their CPI.
- The list of the selected candidates will be available on COAP.
- Documents verification will be done during the counselling.
- All candidates need to bring their original documents along with one attested copy of each document at the counselling venue.
Venue of Counselling:
Indian Institute of Technology Indore,
Pin Code 453 552, (MP) India
All shortlisted candidates are required to reach the venue on time to avoid any distraction during counselling. Do carry the documents along.
Date and timings of counselling
|Program||SC, ST and OBC-NC||General category and the candidates under admission category of SWP, SWF, DF, IS|
|MTech (CSP)||June 06, 2018 Reporting Time: 10:00 hrs. Counselling Duration: 10:30 to 12:30 hrs.||June 06, 2018 Reporting Time: 14:00 hrs. Counselling Duration: 14:30 to 16:30 hrs|
|MTech (VLSI Design and Nanoelectronics)||June 07, 2018 Reporting Time: 10:00 hrs. Counselling Duration: 10:30 to 12:30 hr||June 07, 2018 Reporting Time: 14:00 hrs. Counselling Duration: 14:30 to 16:30 hrs.|
|MTech (PIE)||June 08, 2018 Reporting Time: 10:00 hrs. Counselling Duration: 10:30 to 12:30 hrs.||June 08, 2018 Reporting Time: 14.00 hrs. Counselling Duration: 14:30 to 16:30 hrs.|
|MTech (MSE)||June 09, 2018 Reporting Time: 10:00 hrs. Counselling Duration: 10:30 to 12:30 hrs.||June 09, 2018 Reporting Time: 14:00 hrs. Counselling Duration: 14:30 to 16:30 hrs.|