VIT University is inviting GATE Qualified candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellowship for ICMR Sponsored Project in School of Bio-Sciences and Technology, Vellore Campus. The Duration for the JRF at VIT Vellore Campus will be of 36 months. The candidates can apply for the post till March 2020. All the candidates have to email their resume or post their resume along with the required documents to the VIT Vellore Campus. This Junior Research Fellowship will be sponsored by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Delhi.
Project Name: Bioactivity of furanone and Its derivatives isolated from Streptomyces sp. On Biofilms from clinical Isolates.
Eligibility Criteria for JRF 2020
The required eligibility to apply for GATE JRF at VIT University is given below:
- Candidates must be possessing Post Graduation degree in Microbiology/Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry or related discipline from a recognized university. They must have obtained at least 60% of marks in aggregate.
- Candidates having M.Sc/ M.Tech with valid GATE Score are preferable or Biological Science Graduates must having previous research experience will also be preferable
Candidates willing to apply for JRF at VIT University through GATE score can check the application process as mentioned below:
- Candidates have to send their resume along with the documents like Educational Qualification certificates, work experience certificate and latest passport Size Photographs etc. to the following address on or before March 10, 2020. (tentative)
VIT University (Vellore Campus),
Vellore 632014, Tamil Nadu.
- They can either email at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject “SBST-ICMR-STREP-FURAN” with Post and name of the Investigator of project or the applications can be send by post.
JRF Selection Process 2020
Candidates will be selected on the basis of GATE 2020 score. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the personal interview (PI) round. The final selection will be based on the performance of candidates in PI round. The candidates will be intimated either through by email or by post. No TA (Travelling allowances) and DA (Dearness allowances) will be paid to the candidates for appearing in the personal interview round.
Principal Investigator: The project will be headed by Dr. Jayanthi Abraham Professor – Microbial Biotechnology Lab, Department of Biomedical Sciences, School of Biosciences and Technology, VIT University, Vellore.
The shortlisted candidates will get a stipend amount during the research training period. The stipend amount is INR 25000/- per month. For M.Sc/ M.Tech candidates, the consolidated human resource allowances of 10% with basic stipend will be paid.
Advantages for Working at VIT University
The employees of VIT university having following advantages which are given below:
- Pension Benefits through LIC
- Medi-claim insurance/Accidental Policy
- Free Health Center benefits
- Laptops are issued to faculty/research members
- Faculty members are encouraged to take up consultancy, projects and research work.
- Faculty members are sponsored to Pursue further studies Present papers in conferences abroad periodically.
- Human resource policies and practices are geared towards attracting and recruiting the best, rewarding, recognizing and retaining them.
- Encashment of Earned Leave
- VIT attracts the brightest and best talent pool available in the industry.
Check GATE Cutoff.