Institute of life sciences (ILS) Bhubaneswar is a self-governance institute under the premises of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. It is inviting the candidates having good GATE score in Life Sciences to join as junior research fellow (JRF) for various projects.
There are six projects for JRF candidates. The details of projects are mention below:
- Plant Molecular Biology: Interaction of transcription factor with PVCV promoter led by Dr. N. Dey.
- Plant Molecular Biology: Application of bacterial derived defensing in wound healing led by Dr. N. Dey.
- Cancer Biology: Role of MAGEA-3 in pancreatic cancer led by Dr. S. Senapati.
- Plant Biotechnology: Grain filling in rice led by Dr. B. P. Shaw
- Molecular Virology: Mechanism(s) underlying Hepatitis C Virus secretion led by Dr. G. H. Shaw
- Cancer Immunology: RAGE signaling and pathology led by Dr. V. Rai
Interested candidates can download application form from official website of ILS before February 28, 2020. Candidates will be selected on the basis of interview. Introductory candidate will be assigned for one year. It will be extended basis on performance.
Tentative Details of the interview are shown below:
|Last date of application||February 28, 2020|
|Interview list displayed||March 3, 2020|
|Interview||March 15, 2020|
|Venue||Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023|
JRF Eligibility 2020
Candidate should have the following eligibility for applying JRF in ILS.
- Candidates should possess post-graduate degree in any branch of life sciences with 55% marks.
- Candidates with research experience in Molecular biology/Cell biology, and having valid NET-JRF/NET-LS/GATE score are preferred first.
NOTE: SC/ST/OBC candidates should have 50% marks in post-graduation degree.
The candidates should be the citizen of India.
HOW TO APPLY JRF
To fill JRF 2017 application form candidates should follow the following steps which are mention below:
- Eligible candidates can download application form from the official website.
- Take the Printout of application form as its prescribed format.
- Send application form along with required documents such as self-attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of the last qualified exam.
- They can send all the documents and application form via post to “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, and Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023”.
They should also send the soft copy of all document by email to email@example.com
JRF 2020 Selection Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their own qualification. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Selected candidates will be initially assigned for one year. It will be extended up to 5 years on the basis performance.
Important Instructions for JRF 2020
The candidates must check the following instruction before applying JRF 2020:
- No separate call letter will send by ILS.
- ILS will pay TA (Sleeper Class or Actual Bus Fare) to the candidates attending the interview on the obtaining of Receipt/Ticket.
- Interview list will be displayed the official website of ILS.