School of Life Sciences, Manipal University is inviting applications for the post of Senior and Junior Research Fellows under the following funded research projects. GATE qualified candidates in Life Sciences can also appy for the post of JRF for various projects.
Title of Projects
The title of projects are listed below:
- Host-parasite Interaction in Malaria (Senior Research Fellow (SRF), Funding Agency: ICMR)
- Impact of Allele-Specific Gene Expression on Therapeutic Response to Oral Hypoglycemic Drugs in Type 2-Diabetes (Senior Research Fellow (SRF) Funding Agency: SERB)
- Photo Acoustic Spectroscopy based Assessment of Breast Cancer Progression (Junior Research Fellow (JRF), Funding agency: SERB)
- Impact of Prenatal and Postnatal EMF Radiation Exposure (Junior Research Fellow (JRF), Funding Agency: SERB)
- Withanolide and Withanolides Biosynthetic Pathway Genes in the Vegetative and Reproductive phase of Withania Somnifera (Project Assistant, Funding Agency: DST)
- Mitochondrial Structure and Function for Early Diagnosis and Intervention of Intrauterine Growth Restricted (IUGR) Pregnancy
Eligibility Criteria for SRF
Candidates must hold first class post-graduation in Life Sciences (Botany, Regenerative Medicine, Biotechnology, Zoology /Applied Zoology, Embryology, Toxicology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Bio-science, Genomics) with 2 years of relevant experience in the research field.
Eligibility Criteria for JRF
Candidates having first class post-graduation in Life Sciences /Biophysics /Physics are eligible to apply for the post of JRF at School of Life Sciences, Manipal University.
GATE/ NET qualified postgraduates with earlier research experience in the related fields are desired but not necessary. The remuneration will be as per the qualification, experience and funding agency norms.
Selection Process for Research Fellows
Interested and eligible candidates can send their updated CV including research interest and names of 2 references to the address mentioned below:
Deputy Director – HR
Manipal -576 104
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should reach the above mentioned address before February 27, 2020. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their own qualification. Shortlisted candidates will be called for SRF/JRF interview. Selected candidates will be initially assigned for one year. It will be extended on the basis of their performance.
The official notification can be found below: