Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra will be responsible for the admission of Maharashtra M.Tech 2021. Admission to the institutes is done only on the basis of GATE scores.
- Authorities release a merit list of the candidates based on their GATE 2021 scores.
- The seat allotment of Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 will be conducted in three rounds and category-wise seat matrix will be released by the authorities before every round.
- The final allotment of seats for Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 will depend on merit list, availability of seats and choices locked by the candidates.
- The application form of Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 will be released via online mode in the second week of July 2020.
|Table of Contents|
- IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission & Cut Off
- IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission & Cut Off
- IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission Process & Cut Off
Maharashtra M.Tech Admission 2021 Highlights
|Admission Name||Maharashtra M.Tech admission|
|Admission Type||Post Graduate admission|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra|
|Admission through||GATE 2021|
|Availability of Application Form||2nd week of July 2020|
Maharashtra M.Tech. Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Starting of Application process||July 2021|
|Last date for application submission||July 2021|
|Release of merit list||July 2021|
|Date of counselling||July-August 2021|
Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 Admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfil eligibility criteria for admission for Maharashtra M.Tech 2021. Eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
Candidates should be one of the following category-
- Citizen of India
- NRI / OCI / PIO,
- Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries,
- Foreign National.
For Indian citizens:
For admission in Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 Candidates must follow the academic criteria -
- Candidates should obtain a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and Technology from any institution or equivalent controlled by AICTE or Central or State Government.
- Candidates should acquire at least 50% marks in each semester of their Bachelor’s Degree.
- The candidates of Backward class categories and PwD candidates belonging to the state of Maharashtra require 45% minimum marks only.
For NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National –
- Candidates should obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and Technology from any institution or equivalent controlled by AICTE or Central or State Government.
- Candidates should acquire at least 50% marks in each semester of the Bachelor’s Degree.
- All the candidates who apply for Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 should acquire a non zero positive score in Graduates Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) organised by the Indian Institute of Technology.
Also Check GATE 2021 Eligibility
Maharashtra M.Tech Admission 2021 Type of Candidature
|Type of Candidature||Eligibility Criteria||Further requirement|
|Type A||Type A category candidates should have a domicile of Maharashtra or must be born in the state. Type A category candidates should qualify HSC or Diploma in Engineering/Technology from any recognised college/institute in Maharashtra.||Place of qualifying examination of the candidate should be within the jurisdiction of the respective University Area.|
|Type B||Type B category Candidates should have a domicile of father/mother in Maharashtra state.||Place of domicile certificate issuing authority should be within the jurisdiction of the respective University Area.|
|Type C||Type C category Candidates should have their parent employee in Government of India or Government of India Undertaking and who is posted and has reported to duty in Maharashtra before the last date of submission.||Place of the posting of either of the parents must fall within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.|
|Type D||Type D category Candidates should have either of the parents employed with the Government of Maharashtra / Government of Maharashtra Undertaking fall under.||Place of posting of either of the parent or place of settlement of either of the parent (if retired) or the place of last posting in this case must fall within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.|
|Type E||Type E category Candidates should qualify Diploma/HSC in Engineering or Pharmacy from a recognised institution in Maharashtra.||Candidates should be considered for outside home university or state level seats.|
Maharashtra M.Tech Admission 2021 Application Form
Maharashtra M.Tech application form will be available on the official website from July, 2021. Candidates can fill the online application without any charges. Candidates who want to admittance in the 2021 M.Tech programme can follow the stepwise procedure as mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of DTE, Maharashtra i.e.dtemaharshtra.gov.in
- Step 2: Registration of candidates should be done by providing their name, residential address etc.
- Step 3: After successful registration, a unique Id will be generated.
- Step 4: For further application process Login should be done by application ID and password.
- Step 5: Details such as all personal, educational qualification details in the application form should be filled up.
- Step 6: A scanned copy of photograph and signature in jpg/ jpeg format should be uploaded.
- Step 7: Payment should be done through debit/ credit card or net-banking and copies of the fees receipt should be taken for further usage.
- Step 8: Then candidates must the SUBMIT the application form and take a printed copy of the application form.
Maharashtra M.Tech Admission 2021: Application Fee
|General category candidates and Candidates outside the Maharashtra State and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries||Rs. 800|
|Reserved category candidates in Maharashtra State – Backward Class Categories [SC/ ST/ VJ/ DTNT (A) / NT(B) / NT(C)/ NT(D)/ OBC/ SBC] and Persons with Disability||Rs. 500|
Maharashtra M.Tech Admission 2021 Merit List
- Candidates should submit their application form before the last date of submission through the centralized admission process for generating a merit number.
- The merit list will be prepared based on GATE scores.
- If the marks in the B.E/ B.Tech are modified due to verification and certified by the concerned authority then it will be reported to the competent authority for admission through CAP immediately.
- These changes will be taken into consideration only for the round of admission.
How to check Maharashtra M.Tech Merit list 2021?
Candidates should follow these simple steps for checking Maharashtra M.Tech merit list 2021.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the merit list link.
- Step 4: By entering the Application Number and Date of birth you can show your merit list.
- Step 5: Merit list will be shown on the screen.
Maharashtra M.Tech Admission 2021 Counselling Process
Candidates who get a positive GATE Score are eligible for application. After the completion of application formalities candidates can check counselling process as mentioned below:
- Candidates will need to login through application ID and password.
- They should fill the choices of colleges and courses. They need to save the document and submit it, after the selecting of options.
- The counselling will occur by a centralized admission process. CAP rounds (CAP round I, II, III and IV) will be conducted by computerized allotment.
- The allotment of seats will occur on the basis of options entered by the candidate, merit number and availability of seats.
- Applicants can login to check the seat allotment list at the official website of dtemaharashtra.gov.in. They must report to the institute for confirming their seats.
Check GATE 2021 Counselling
The list of M.Tech colleges in Maharashtra colleges which take admission through GATE are mentioned below:
- IIT Mumbai.
- Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai.
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur.
- College of Engineering, Pune.
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune.
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Mumbai.
- NMIMS University, Mumbai.
- K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai.
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
- DY Patil College of Engineering, Pune.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University College of Engineering, Pune.
Maharashtra M.Tech Admission 2021 FAQs
Ques. How will the counselling process of Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 occur?
Ans. Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 counselling process will occur through online mode.
Ques. How many rounds are there in Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 counselling process?
Ans. There are three rounds in the counselling process of Maharashtra M.Tech 2021.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria of Maharashtra M.Tech 2021?
Ans. For general candidates minimum 50% marks is required and for reserved candidates minimum 45% marks is required in B.E/ B.Tech.