Nirma University is a private university and one of India’s leading universities in Ahmadabad, Gujarat. Nirma University is recognized by University Grant Commission (UGC). The University has seven constituent institutes offering Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. programmes. Postgraduate courses include MCA, M.Tech, M.Pharm, and M.Sc. Institute of Technology is a constituent institute of the Nirma University and it offers B.Tech and M.Tech courses.
Nirma University offers M.Tech under six departments covering almost all specializations of master of technology course. Admission in M.Tech is done on the basis of marks scored in GATE. After the admission through GATE, if any vacant seat remains then the same will be filled by Non GATE applicants. Admission of non GATE applicants is based on the merit of the All India written test to be conducted by Nirma University.
Here, in this article, M.Tech aspirants can check the complete details related Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2020 including important dates, seat intake, eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, application and counseling procedure for the M.Tech courses at Nirma University.
The admission procedure for all the UG and PG courses generally starts from mid-April and continues till the end of July every year. For M. Tech admission, the online application process will start from May 17, 2020 (tentative). Following are some other important dates related to Nirma University M.Tech Admission:
|Particular||Start Date (tentative)||End Date (tentative)|
|Online Application Process Begins for M.Tech||May 17, 2020||June 22, 2020|
|Display of merit list of GATE candidates for M.Tech||July 02, 2020||July 02, 2020|
|Written test for M.Tech||July 07, 2020||July 08, 2020|
|Interview/Presentation for M. Tech. (by Research) candidates||July 16, 2020||-|
Intake of M.Tech programs at Nirma University
The approved intake of all M.Tech programmes is 18. 5 seats out of 18 are reserved for Sponsored Category and 13 are for General Category. If candidates from sponsored category are not available, the vacant seats will be converted to general category. Following table shows department and specialization wise seat intake for Nirma University M.Tech 2019-20 batch:
|Department||Specializations||Qualifying Degree||Valid GATE Exam||Intake|
|Civil Engineering||Computer Aided Structural Analysis & Design||Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent||Civil Engineering||18|
|Computer Engineering||Computer Science & Engineering||B.E./B.Tech./B.S. in Engineering in Computer Engg./ Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Electrical / Instrumentation & Control or M. Sc. In Computer Science / M. Sc. in Information Technology or MCA or equivalent||Computer Science or Electronics and Communication Engineering||18|
|Information & Network Security||18|
|Information Technology||Networking Technologies||18|
|Electrical Engineering||Power Electronics, Machines & Drives||Degree in Electrical Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Instrumentation and Control Engineering / Power Electronics or equivalent||Electrical Engineering||18|
|Electrical Power Systems||B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from recognized institutes||18|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||VLSI Design||Degree in Electronics and Communication Engg. / Instrumentation and Control Engg. / Computer Engineering / Information Technology / Electrical Engg. or equivalent||Electronics & Communication Engineering||18|
|Mechanical Engineering||CAD/CAM||Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering / Mechatronics or equivalent||Mechanical Engineering||18|
|Thermal Engineering||Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Automobile Engineering or equivalent||18|
|Design Engineering||Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent||18|
Eligibility and Admission Criteria
Candidates can apply for Nirma University M.tech admission 2020 only if they have valid GATE score and satisfy the eligibility criteria as prescribed by Nirma University. A student seeking admission to M.Tech Programme must fulfill the following criteria:
- Candidate should have passed the qualifying examination of Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks (or equivalent CGP) or an equivalent qualifying degree and diploma as approved by Nirma University.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final semester of qualifying examination may also apply. The results of such candidates have to be submitted to Member Secretary, Nirma University.
- Sponsored Category applicants, applying for M.Tech at Nirma University must have at least 2 years of experience in the related field after passing a qualifying examination. Experience can be counted till the last date of submission of application.
Applicant, who has applied for Sponsored Category but do not have enough work experience or have less than two years experience on the last date of submission of application, will be considered as a non-sponsored applicant and has to appear for written test.
Nirma University M.Tech 2020 Selection Procedure
M.Tech admission in Nirma University are done on the basis of GATE score and after that on the basis of written exam conducted by Nirma University. Following are some important points regarding Nirma University M.Tech selection process:
- For all M.Tech programmes, applicants with valid GATE score as mentioned in score card will be given admission based on GATE merit. GATE score must be greater than or equal to qualifying marks for General category out of 100 or score in respective discipline.
- Applicants who have applied for GATE category but are having marks less than qualifying marks / GATE Cutoff of General category will be considered as non-GATE applicants and have to appear for written test.
- After the admission of GATE applicants if any vacant seat remains then the same will be filled by Non GATE applicants based on the merit of the written test to be conducted by Nirma University on All India Basis.
- If all the seats are filled up by GATE qualified candidates, no admission will be offered to Non-GATE category. The merit list of Non GATE candidates will be considered for admission only after exhausting the merit list of GATE category.
- Admission of sponsored applicants for all M. Tech. Programmes will be based on merit of qualifying degree examination.
Nirma University Entrance Exam for M.Tech Admission 2020
Nirma University conducts a national level entrance exam for admission under non GATE Category. Syllabus for written test for Non GATE applicants will be same as that of the latest syllabus of GATE Exam of concerned M. Tech. subjects. There will be 60 objective type questions of 60 marks and the test duration will be 1 hour. The entrance test for M.Tech admission 2020 will be conducted on July 07-08, 2020. (tentative)
GATE Score Tie Breaker
In case, if two or more GATE Candidates are having equal GATE Score/marks, or two Non GATE candidates having equal marks in written test, following criteria will be used for deciding merit order:
- Percentage of marks in qualifying examination based on which one is awarded the degree
- Percentage of marks in the eighth semester of the qualifying examination
- If result of eigth semester is awaited then percentage of seventh semester in qualifying examination
- Date of Birth (candidate who is older in age shall be given priority).
Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2020 Application Process
The online application process will start from 16th May 2020. (tentative) Candidate can apply for the admission and exam online by following these simple steps:
- Candidates have to visit the official website of Nirma University in order to register themselves
- After that, they should fill the online application form by providing their personal, academic and other details.
- After that, they must submit the application fees online. Nirma M.Tech Admission 2020 online Application Form Fees is Rs 1200.
- Candidates are recommended to take the print of the submitted Application Form for further use.
Candidates must know that a printout of the filled up application form along with the online payment slip and the mandatory documents and are to be submitted at the time of counselling.
Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2020 Counselling Process
After the entrance exam is finished and all the application process of GATE applicants is over, the admissions are given through counseling process. Counseling process includes personal interview, document verification and fee deposit. Following are some important points regarding counseling process:
- Shortlisted candidate with valid GATE score will be called for an interview.
- Candidates should submit their requisite original documents for verification before allotment. They will be allotted seats only after document verification.
- Applicants who are allotted seats should pay the required fee.
- For all categories if applicant has passed the qualifying examination from other than Nirma University, he/she will be required to obtain Eligibility Certificate from Nirma University. The same will be obtained on the spot during counseling on payment of Rs. 500/-.
- Seats left after the counselling and allotment of GATE candidates will be given to non-GATE candidates who qualify the written entrance exam conducted by the university.