NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2020: National Thermal Power Corporation Limited is an Indian Central Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Power, Government Of India. NTPC application process for the recruitment of GATE qualified candidates in disciplines like Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Instrumentation has begun and will remain open till July 06, 2020.
- The selection of candidates will be based on GATE Cut Off.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for NTPC Online Test followed by Personal Interview, and Group Discussion. The dates for the same will be announced soon.
- Candidates should download their GATE scorecard as it is one of the important documents required during the time of recruitment. Download GATE scorecard
NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited is an Indian PSU. The company is engaged in the business of generation of electricity and related activities. The company has been incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India. NTPC hires promising and hard-working graduate engineers so that the company can achieve its goals.
NTPC Recruitment through GATE – Important Dates
Candidates can check all the important dates related to NTPC Recruitment through GATE:
|Availability of applications for NTPC Recruitment||June 16, 2020|
|Last date to fill/submit application form for NTPC Recruitment||July 06, 2020|
|Announcement of List of Shortlisted Candidates||To be announced soon|
|NTPC Online Test||To be announced soon|
|Group Discussion/ Personal Interview||To be announced soon|
|Issue of Interview Call Letter||Soon after the completion of GD/PI rounds|
GATE NTPC Eligibility Criteria
GATE NTPC Eligibility Criteria
Any candidate to be eligible for the examination has to be under the age limit of 27 years as on the last date of application in NTPC (31.01.2020). Candidates belonging to Reserved categories, the relaxation in upper age limit is as following:
- SC/ST - Upper age relaxation- 32 years
- OBC- Upper age relaxation- 30 YEARS (Non-Creamy Layer)
- PWD (general)- 37 years
- PWD (OBC)- 40 years
- PWD (SC/ST)- 42 years
- Candidates belonging to the domicile of Jammu and Kashmir living from 01.01.81 to 31.12.90 - 32 years.
- Relaxation for Ex-servicemen (XSM) according to the Government of India norms.
- A candidate needs to score a minimum of 65% in Bachelor’s Degree of Engineering or Technology/AMIE.
- In case of SC, ST and PWD candidates, the minimum qualifying percentage is reduced to 55%.
- Final year students can also apply.
- Electrical Engineering – EE
- Mechanical Engineering – ME
- Instrumentation Engineering – IN
- Electronic Engineering – EC
- The candidates have to be declared medically fit by the NTPC medical board and no relaxation will be entertained in terms of health standards.
- After the medical check-up, the decision taken by the board will be considered final.
Also Check GATE Eligibility Criteria
GATE NTPC Application Process
GATE NTPC Application Process – How to Apply?
- Candidates have to register online using their GATE registration number at ntpccareers.net
- A Unique Registration Number will be generated after the successful completion of the registration process.
- The application fees can be submitted in an online or offline mode.
- Further candidates are required to upload their passport size photograph in jpg/jpeg format not exceeding 500kb.
- After the successful submission of the application form, you can take the print out for future reference.
The application fee has been kept very nominal keeping in mind the diverse financial background of candidates.
|General/OBC(Creamy Layer)||INR. 150/-|
GATE NTPC Vacancy, Salary, Profile
GATE NTPC Vacancy 2020
NTPC intends to achieve its ambitious growth plan by filling its vacancies with young, promising, energetic and young graduate engineers with a brilliant academic record. NTPC vacancies list is as follows:
Note: The Total No of Vacancies May Increase or Decrease Subject to the Discretion of NTPC Management.
GATE NTPC Job Profile & Salary
- It’s a dream come true for many engineers to be enlisted as one of the successful candidates to have come across the NTPC hurdle.
- Once the candidates are shortlisted, they will undergo one year of training followed by final place of posting based on performance during training and according to requirements. They can be enlisted to any projects or subsidiary functions of NTPC across India.
The consolidated remuneration for this post is as follow:
- The successful candidates are entitled to a salary of Rs. 24900 – 50500 at the basic pay of Rs. 24900. After successful completion of their training, the candidates will be absorbed as an assistant manager in the pay scale of Rs. 24900 – 50500 at basic pay of Rs. 25650/-.
- The candidates will be entitled to numerous allowances like dearness allowance, medical benefits, provident fund, gratuity etc. as per company rules.
GATE NTPC Selection Process
GATE NTPC Selection Process
- Candidates will be selected based on their performance in GATE. This is called as shortlisting round.
- All the shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for NTPC online test.
- There will be Group Discussion and Personal Interview round for all those candidates who will qualify the online test.
- A merit list will be prepared after evaluation of the minimum qualifying marks in GD and Interview.
- Candidates will be called for the final joining procedure.
Weightage of Marks for Final Selection
Percentage of marks
Documents to be brought at the Interview Venue
The list of documents to be brought by candidates to the interview is given below:
- Valid GATE 2020 scorecard
- Date of birth proof. Candidates can carry the 10th class certificate for the same.
- Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Degree/PG Degree/Diploma and mark sheets of all semesters/years.
- Category Certificate issued in the Current Year.
- Physical Disability certificate, if applicable.
- Air ticket and boarding pass in original / Train and bus tickets for reimbursement purposes.
- Two recent passport size colored photograph.
GATE NTPC Cut Off
GATE NTPC Cutoff
PSU cutoff not only depends on GATE entrance examination. There are various factors by which PSU cutoff is increased or decreased:
- Total number of candidates appearing for GATE.
- Total number of institutes accepting GATE result.
- Total number of vacancies for different courses.
- Relative performance level of the applicants.
- Previous year cutoff trends.
- Capacity of intake of each institute.
Candidates who have applied for GATE 2020 can apply for NTPC recruitment. The previous year category wise GATE PSU Cutoff for NTPC is as follow:
NTPC Expected 2020 cutoff
NTPC 2018 Cutoff
NTPC 2014 Cutoff marks
Every year PSU cutoff vary depending on the number of GATE aspirants. Subject wise cutoff for all category like GEN, OBC, SC and ST is as follow:
NTPC Cutoff 2013 AIR
NTPC PSU Cutoff marks 2012
The cut off will help candidates in getting an idea about the expected cut off for this year ad depending on that candidates can prepare for the recruitment process.