AFCAT 2018 was held on February 25 in two different shifts. Candidates who have appeared in the AFCAT 2018 can check and analyse their performance. Those who qualified in AFCAT 2018 will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, or Varanasi. Flying branch candidates can opt from Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi. Those who clear AFCAT Cut off marks determined by Indian Air Force will be called for AFSB interviews.
Click Here: AFCAT Answer Key are yet to be announced still we have prepared a Memory Based Answer key of AFCAT 2018
What’s New in AFCAT 2018 –
- English language section was easy-Moderate, there were 3 questions from RC (Reading Comprehension) and 3 questions from Cloze Test.
- A Cloze test consists of a text passage with some certain word removed. Its a mixture comprehension and fill in the blanks type of questions
- Quantitative Aptitude was of Easy Level. Most of the questions were based directly on Formulas and some were calculative.
- General Intelligence(Reasoning) questions were of Easy-moderate level. Majority of questions were asked from non verbal topic.
- General Awareness questions were asked from all aspects of GA, especially from History section, if you have knowledge of History, then you can easily score good marks in GA Section. In Current Affairs, 3-4 questions were asked.
- The answer key will release by the conducting body through which the candidates can calculate their marks roughly.
Latest: Due to some technical errors, AFCAT 1 2018 exam got cancelled at some exam centers. New Exam dates along with a new admit card will be issued to such candidates. And at many centres, candidates got only 1.5 hours for the exam instead of 2 hours. The AFCAT 2018 was held online for the first time. Some of the centres where exam was cancelled were:
- Mundka, Delhi
- Sai Online Assessment Centre, Delhi
- Excellent Online Center, Naraina, Delhi
- MBC park 4, Maharashtra
- ITM College Panchli, UP
- GITM college, Bilaspur Chowk, Haryana
- LPU Punjab
- Golden Future Point, Gorakhpur, UP
How to Check AFCAT 2018 Answer key?
The conducting body needs to reveal the answer key within a week after the examination is held. It is suggested to rely only on the answer keys released by the organization. Candidates can visit the official website i.e. indianairforce.nic.in. It is advised to be in touch with the website regularly as the key could be released soon.
Steps to Download Official AFCAT Answer Key
- Visit the website indianairforce.nic.in
- Click on the link ‘AFCAT Answer Key 2018’.
- Click on the PDF file blinking on the screen.
- You can download the file and refer to answer key for the future reference.
- AFCAT is a 2-hour examination with 100 questions.
- One can gain 3 marks for the correct answer or even lose 1 mark for every incorrect answer.
AFCAT 2018 Exam Analysis
Section wise analysis of the exam could be found below –
- Looking at the pattern from last 4 years, this section was typical and confusing for the examinees this time. If someone has a taste of being updated, that candidate might take an edge as this section held many questions from current affairs.
- The Paper portrayed similar pattern as per the trend of last 4 years.
- Clearly we found that General knowledge questions were more “trivial, factual and memory based” instead of being “Current Affairs” which included facts on Grasslands, capitals, organizations and reserves which are commonly asked questions in Sainik school /SSC entrance exams.
- In fact GK section was a cakewalk for those who generally prepare for SSC or Territorial Army exams.
- It was quite disappointing to note that AIR FORCE board conducting recruitment for Air force officers hardly stressed on questions based on Indian Defence.”
- One who has an edge over newspaper, magazines, current affairs and general knowledge has gained more marks.
- This section keeps one updated and surely helps in synonyms and antonyms. There were many questions related to synonyms and antonyms.
- Proportion of unapproachable questions in English vocabulary sections has increased than previous year.
- The examinees were little disappointed as the questions were based on the basics of mathematics asked from 11th and 12th classes. If the candidates are well learned till 10th class, then this section would be quite easy for them.
- Mathematics based questions were quite scoring few reasoning based questions were heterogeneous in nature which made them tough in nature.
- While few questions were standard ,few ones were completely unanswerable with the nature of facts being asked which gives a picture that Air force Board has tried to make it sure that no one scores 100 percent which is deterrent for hard working aspirants .“-
- The reasoning section is known to be easier when compared to other sections. It depends upon the person’s verbal and spatial ability. It is well-known that this ability can’t be practiced in a day or two. If someone practices daily can think of acing this section.
AFCAT 2018 Expected Cut off
With ever increasing cut off seen every year, this time the AFCAT Cut off is expected to go over 160, which is a considerable score. Below are the given cut offs of few years which can help the candidate understand the trend.
|EXAM YEAR||CUT OFF (Out of 300)|