Candidates who are planning to appear for KCET exam must have questions like how to prepare for KCET 2019, what strategy need to be adopt and so on. So, answer all such questions, we are providing some tips and trick to crack KCET 2019. By those tricks, candidates will be able to prepare for the exam in more effective manner. Candidates must check the exam syllabus for better preparation
KCET (Karnataka Combined Entrance Test) - 2017 is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for getting admissions to several undergraduate medical/dental, engineering, architectural and several other courses. All these courses are provided by several Government as well as private colleges in the state.
KCET 2017 is scheduled to be on May 2017. KCET 2017 Application Forms will be available from January-February 2017 and candidates can apply till March 2017. All those candidates who have completed their application form can download KCET 2017 Admit Card from the site from April 2017.
Test questions for this exam will be purely based on state 10th and 12th syllabus. So candidates are requested to go through them. Test consists of questions from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Each section will be having 60 marks questions which have to be completed within duration of 70 minutes.
The test is conducted in the month of May. All those students who want to write the exam have to fill the application form along with a Demand Draft of six fifty rupees.
How to prepare for KCET 2017?
We don’t need to study the whole time or spend full day for exams. All we need is to study the relevant things properly and revise what all things we have studied. Candidates need to work hard as well as work wisely by adjusting the time and syllabus. There is no substitute for hard work but still we can use some tips and tricks to get better results from what we have prepared.
So follow some of the rules given below and prepare wisely for the exams:
Time is such a kind of resource which once you lost you can’t retrieve it back.
|Never waste your time watching un-necessary things.||It is you first priority. All other things came come later.|
|You can go and watch movie, listen to songs.||Make a time table for studies and follow it.|
Revise the portions which you have studied
|Include time to revise in your “study time table”.||Study them again and again.|
|While you are revising write down those portions which you have forgotten.||Otherwise while writing the exams you will go blank.|
Be thorough with the basics
- The candidates need to be thorough with his eleventh and twelfth NCERT text books.
- There are no substitutes for these books.
- They contain lots of information and all students and all those who are wishing to get good ranks in KCET 2017 must have to go through these books and by heart the basic theories and study its applications.
- There is no use if candidates are going to mug up things.
- What they need is to understand things and think of them in the application level.
- Study the chapters from each text books.
- The questions based on those chapters will be given at the back side of each chapter. Go through them and solve them.
- Never go for the guides in the first pase itself. Try to solve them your own.
- If it is not possible, discuss those questions with your friends. If you are still not able to get answers then you can go to your guides or teachers and solve them.
- Understand how the problems are being solved and apply the same way to solve similar kind of problems.
- It is one of the good way to understand your position in exams.
- Before writhing the original exam you can go through several previous year question papers and understand what is the pattern of the questions they are asking.
- Download the question paper and solve it like how you will do it from the examination hall.
- Find out your scoring areas and weak areas.
- Work on weak areas and try to solve as many questions as possible.
Improve you speed
Practise makes a man perfect.
- Speed is very important in KCET 2017 examination.
- The candidates need to finish each section-mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology – within a time duration of 70 minutes.
- They have to find solutions for 60 mark questions within this 70 minutes, which is really a difficult task.
- Candidates need proper practise in such situations.
- Practise more problems.
- Set a time limit.
- Try to solve the problems within that time.
When you start preparing for Karnataka CET 2017, you may feel that the exam is really difficult and you will not get good ranks in the exam.
- Avoid negative thoughts.
- You have to prepare well keeping in mind that every winner started from zero. Then they all build their own kingdom with their self esteem and hardwork.
- Never lose hope.
- If you are working hard, then it is sure that you will get reward for that.
- You can’t sit idle and wish that you will get a very good rank in the exam all of a sudden. It won’t happen.
KCET 2017 Preparation Schedule
- Make a schedule for KCET 2017 and follow it properly.
- The syllabus for Karnataka CET 2017 is not so small.
- So you should start early.
- Study according to the schedule.
- Find time to play and spend time for yourself.
- But while you are studying give full concentration to that only.
- Lots of things are there to take your attention away from studies.
- Mobile phones, tabs, laptops and many other things will take you attention away.
- So for some time say good bye to all of them.
- After exams you will get lots of leisure time and you can use them all.
- Understand the weightage of different topics and plan accordingly.
KCET 2017 Revision Tips
Just like any other exam we should revise properly for Karnataka CET 2017 for getting good scores.
- Never mug up things.
- Study relating things, draw graphs, diagrams, and try all those methods which help you to keep things in mind.
- Revise regularly and understand the pros and cons of the revision at the end of every week. Sometimes you may be giving less time for revision. So make changes accordingly so as to improve your performance.
For further details visit “kea.kar.nic.in”
KCET 2017 Important Topics
Importanttopics which need more focus are given in the table below:
|Genetics – Molecular Basis of Inheritance||7%|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||8%|