KCET Result has been released by KEA on May 30, 2017. Candidates who sat for KCET from May 02 – May 04, 2017 can visit the official website of KCET i.e. kea.kar.nic.in to check their result and rank. Must enter their user ID, verification code and password to access KCET Result.
- KCET Result 2017 is the basis on which the counselling for KCET will be held and seat allotment announced.
- Candidates must safely keep the result sheet for KCET 2017 till the admission is completed as it has to be furnished during the counselling process.
- Candidates who belong to the category of CBSE/ CISE/ Repeaters/ Outside Karnataka Candidates will have to submit their 10+2 qualifying examination marks.
- All qualifying candidates will then proceed for KCET Counselling. It will be conducted in the month of June at the KEA, Bangalore.
- Candidates who secures equal or more than the KCET Cut off will be qualified for admission to 47000 seats in 220 institutes of Karnataka.
Candidates must take note that KCET Scores are only valid for the academic session 2017-18. The scorecard will consist information like candidate’s name, father’s name, Application No., Roll No. etc. One must keep the document safely until the admission is finalized.
KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority) will begin KCET Counselling from June 3, 2017. The eligible candidates willing to take admission to different colleges through KCET, have to participate in the counselling.
Steps to Check KCET Result 2017?
The result for KCET 2017 was declared on May 30, 2017. The scorecard will contain your total marks and rank obtained. Candidates may follow the below steps to check their KCET Result through online mode:
1. Login to official website of KCET.
2. Enter the user ID which is the registered Email ID of the candidate and the password.
3. Enter the given security code and complete the login process.
4. Candidates will now be able to check their results and further download it.
5. After downloading the results, candidates should check their result sheets and see if they have any changes in the qualifying exam marks or the code given in the result sheet.
6. In case candidates face any discrepancies, they can challenge it.
The common entrance test of Karnataka will follow a merit list which will be based on the marks scored by the candidate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in KCET 2017 along with the marks obtained by the candidate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in the qualifying exam taken in the ratio of 50:50.
How to challenge KCET Result 2017?
- Candidates can challenge the result sheet by submitting their objections within three days from the result of KCET 2017.The result for such candidates will be held back and will be published later.
- It is important to note that any objections to the marks secured in the KCET 2017 will not be entertained.
- Candidates are required to verify their qualified exam marks printed on the result sheets. In case of any discrepancy related to this, they should immediately inform the authorities for change in their rank.
- Candidates whose results will be withheld for want of qualifying examination marks are required to submit a photocopy of their qualifying exam marks card either in person or through speed post to the KEA.
Objections that can be raised are
1. Missing rank on the Karnataka CET result sheet
2. Version code of KCET Question Paper wrongly marked
3. Revaluation of qualifying marks that will lead to change in rank in KCET 2017
KCET Cut Off 2017
The examination authority, KEA will declare KCET 2017 Cut off for the various categories after the completion of KCET counselling. The cutoff scores to be released will be different for all the categories as it depends on various factors such as-
- The total number of students appearing for the common entrance test.
- The difficulty level of the question paper of KCET 2017.
- The total number of seats available for each course at the institutes.
- The Performance of the candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in both the qualifying examination and the common entrance test.
- The average marks secured by the candidates in the entrance test.
- Seats reserved for candidates belonging to different categories.
The closing and opening rank will specify that there are no more admissions done. The candidates who secures equal or more than KCET Cut off will be qualified for admission to 47000 seats in 220 institutes of Karnataka.
|University Visveswariah College of Engineering, Bangalore||19343||5652||5848||7216||11674|
|S K S J T Institute of Engineering, Bangalore||24140||17112||19509||–||–|
|B M S College of Engineering, Basavanagudi, Bangalore||8193||–||1601||5143||2304|
|Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore||24047||10372||14023||22837||19764|
|R. V. College of Engineering, Bangalore||3354||573||798||622||584|
|M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||10175||3042||2432||5949||3639|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||17578||5396||6799||15598||11208|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||16493||5555||5797||8811||10846|
|P E S Institute of Technology, Bangalore||8866||2387||2827||3227||4187|
|Sir M.Visveswaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||19758||6230||4319||19078||17092|
KCET Counselling Schedule 2017
The counselling will be held by KEA, for those candidates who will qualify KCET 2017. To be eligible for KCET Counselling, the candidates will have to register themselves first. The candidate will be required to report to the most convenient helpline center for registration or apply online. The counselling will include document verification, filling of options by the candidates, process of seat allotment, payment of the course’s fee after the allotment.
The Counselling of KCET 2017 will be held on 1st week of June, 2017. Candidates can check the tentative dates of KCET 2017.
|Registration Date||1st week of June 2017|
|Document Verification||1st & 2nd week of June 2017|
|Filling of Options by the candidates||3rd week of June 2017|
|Seat Allotment Process||4th week of June 2017|
|Seat Confirmation by the candidates||1st week of July 2017|
|Remittance of Fees and Reporting to the allotted college||2nd week of July 2017|
KCET Counselling Procedure 2017
The entire counselling process of Karnataka CET 2017 will be held tentatively in the month of June 2017. The applicants will have to go through registration, verification, choice filling and allotment to get admission into the participating institutes under Karnataka CET 2017. The following procedure can be followed by the applicants who are selected for the KCET counselling session.
- Any candidate who will be assigned a rank in the KCET 2017 will have to report to the nearest helpline centers or the most convenient helpline center for registration.
- Candidates will have to register their KCET number in the computer system to register themselves.
- Candidates will be briefed about the counselling process. It will be like a training class for the candidates to familiarize with the seat allotment process.
Verification of Documents
- After registration will proceed for the document verification process. Therefore, candidates will have to carry their original documents with them at the helpline center.
- The verification schedule has not been announced yet. Once it will be announced, it will be provided here.
- Before reaching to the verification center, candidates must confirm their rank ranges, date and time of the verification.
- Candidates must bring the required documents in original with one set of attested photocopies and two passport size photographs.
- After verification, the original documents will be returned to the candidates and the set of photocopies will be retained by KEA.
- An acknowledgement card and a verification slip will be issued to the candidates.
- After the verification of documents will be done, candidate’s eligibility in different criteria will also be will be verified on the same day.
- The verification slip will be issued to the candidates mentioning the details of the candidates, documents verified, caste category, merit rank of the candidates and other details will be mentioned in the verification slip.
- If any candidate fails to produce any of the document, the document verification of the candidate will not be done and he/she will not be allowed to participate in the KCET 2017 Counselling process.
Filling of Options
- By entering the preparatory information in the specified URL, the option entry page will be displayed. One has to enter the Secret Key and Valid Password.
- The Engineering discipline, the form will display the list of all the engineering courses.
- After the seat matrix available by the Government, the candidates can begin the entry of options.
- Only candidates who become eligible after document verification can enter their choices.
- From the seats available at the time of entry of options, candidates can enter the course/college of their choice.
- If the candidate is eligible for multiple disciplines, i.e. both Medical/Dental and Engineering or for Medical/Dental and Farm Sciences can select all in the same form.
- There is no limit of entering of options. The candidates can enter any number of options as they want to.
- It is advised to the candidates to write the number of courses they will appear for the courses and discuss them with parents/guardians.
- After submission of colleges and courses., candidates will be needed to click on ‘Submit’ and log out from the page.
Seat Allotment Process
- The seat matrix issued by the government will be followed for the allotment of seats. College-wise, Category-wise and Course-wise seat matrix will be hosted by the government on the website of KEA.
- The KCET 2017 Counselling will be held in three rounds- First Round, Second Round, and Second Extended Round.
- The Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of merit based on the priority of options.
- During the first round of Counselling for KCET 2017, the seat allotment for Special Category seats for Physically Disabled, NCC and Sports Category will be done.
- After the first round of seat allotment, the unfilled/surrendered/cancelled or newly added seats will be offered as Casual Vacancies. The allotment will be the same as the first round.
- After the second round of Counselling of KCET 2017, if the seats remain vacant, the unfilled/cancelled/newly added seats will be offered seats as Casual Vacancies.
Confirmation of seats
After every round of Counselling of KCET 2017, candidates will have to confirm their seats by choosing any of the four choices:
- Choice 1– If the candidate will be satisfied with the college and course offered to them. The candidates will have to ensure that they will pay the fees by downloading the bank challan from the website and will have to report to the KEA that they have accepted the seats. The candidates will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent rounds of KCET Counselling 2017.
- Choice 2– If the candidate will be satisfied but wish to participate in the other round of counselling. If the higher options will be allotted then the seats allotted before will automatically get cancelled.
- Choice 3– If the candidates will not be satisfied and wish to participate in the other rounds of counselling of KCET 2017 with all the already entered options. Such candidates will be eligible to participate in the subsequent rounds of counselling by rejecting the allotted seat.
- Choice 4– If the candidates will be granted admission in other university and will not be satisfied with the seat and want to quit the KCET 2017 Counselling process. Such candidates will not be allowed to participate in subsequent rounds of KCET Counselling 2017.
Documents to be furnished by the candidates
Following documents will be submitted by the candidates at the time of document verification.
- The printout of Online KCET 2017 Application Form
- Original copy of Challan as proof of payment of fees
- Xth standard Mark Sheet
- XIIth class Mark Sheet
- Study Certificate signed by concerned BEO/DDPI
- Two recent Passport size photographs
- KCET 2017 Admit Card
- Medical Certificate for PwD candidates
- Valid Caste Certificates (SC/ST/Other Reserved Category Candidates)