COMEDK UGET 2019 is a state-level exam conducted for providing admission to candidates in B. Tech and B. Arch courses in Karnataka. It will be organized by COMEDK (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka) tentatively in the month of May 2019.
Some of the important highlights of COMEDK UGET 2019 exam are mentioned below.
- COMEDK UGET 2019 is scheduled for May 2019.
- Around 187 colleges participate in COMEDK UGET offering 29 specializations in B. Tech.
- Candidates must clear or appear in class 12th exam in Science stream to be eligible.
- They must fill COMEDK Application form which will be available online only at www.comedk.org
- The exam is of 3 hour duration comprising 2 sections.
- One mark will be awarded for every correct answer and there is no negative marking.
- COMEDK syllabus comprises topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of 10+2 level.
- Candidates can expect COMEDK Admit card 2019 to be out in the first week of May 2019.
- COMEDK entrance test & publication of test scores and rank list will be followed by centralized counselling (Single window system).
- More than 20,000 engineering seats are offered through COMEDK.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||COMEDK UGET 2019|
|Organizing Authority||COMEDK (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka)|
|Exam Type||State level|
|COMEDK Seat Intake||20,000|
|Courses||B. Tech and B. Arch|
|Frequency of exams||Once a year|
|Exam mode||Offline, Computer-based test|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
COMEDK UGET 2019 Important Dates
Interested aspirants for COMEDK UGET 2019 must check the tentative schedule for the same.
|Release of online Application Form||2nd week of Feb 2019|
|Last Date to fill Application Form||1st week of Apr 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||1st week of May 2019|
|Exam Date||May 2019|
|Releasing of Answer key||Last week of May 2019|
|Result Declaration||Last week of May 2019|
|Counselling Starts||2nd week of June 2019|
COMEDK UGET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should fulfil the mentioned course-wise eligibility criteria to be able to apply for COMEDK UGET 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Tech
- Candidates should pass class 12th or should have appeared for 12th qualifying examination in 2019.
- They must have studied Physics and Mathematics as main subjects along with Chemistry or Biology or Bio-Technology or Electronics or Computer Science as one of the optional subjects in class 11 and 12.
- Candidates appearing for 12th class examination should produce the supporting documents at the time of admission.
- General category candidates must have scored minimum 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and passed these subjects at individual level also. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST Category students.
- Diploma pass candidates are not eligible to take COMEDK exam. Also, there are no lateral admissions allowed.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Arch
- Candidates should have passed class 12th with mathematics as one of the subject.
- Those with Diploma from a recognized state or central government are also eligible.
- Candidates must have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate if general category and 45% marks in case of SC/ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state.
Note: For B. Arch, there is no direct entrance exam. The interested candidates should appear for NATA and should obtain a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks (this is applicable to both open and reserved Category)
COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Form
The application form will be available online only from the official portal i.e. www.comedk.org.
COMEDK will release the application form in the month of February 2019 (tentative). Candidates should follow the below steps to register.
- Fill ‘Request for Application’ (RFA) form, available online.
- User Id and password will be send to the candidate’s registered email ID.
- Login using the credentials and fill in the application form.
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents as per the specifications.
- Send it along with demand draft of INR 1200 to the address mentioned below:
The Executive Secretary,
COMEDK, 132, Second Floor,
11th Main, 17th Cross Malleswaram,
Bangalore – 560055, Karnataka
Check COMEDK 2019 Application Process
COMEDK UGET Admit Card 2019
COMEDK UGET 2019 Admit Card will be available from first week of May 2018. Candidates can download it from the official website.
- COMEDK Admit card is also called Online Test Admission Ticket.
- No admit card will be sent by email, post or courier.
- Candidates must refer to all the details mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates can contact COMEDK authority for any discrepancy in Admit Card.
- Candidates have to bring admit card at the time of examination and counselling.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Admit card will contain the following information:
- Candidate’s Registration Number
- Test Admission Ticket Number (TAT)
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Photo and Signature
- Test Center Details
- Candidate’s Postal Address
- Test timings
- General Instructions
COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern 2019
COMEDK UGET 2019 is an offline computer-based test comprising 2 sections. Candidates can check COMEDK Exam pattern below.
- There are a total of 180 questions of objective-type.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Questions will be asked only in English language.
- There is no negative marking.
- The question paper comprises 2 sections the first of which consists of questions from Physics and Chemistry and the other, Mathematics.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
- For every right answer: +1 mark
- For every wrong answer: 0 mark
- For every un-attempted question: 0 mark
COMEDK UGET Syllabus 2019
The official site has not yet released the syllabus. Based on previous years the syllabus would comprise the following important topics.
Alternating Current, Units of Measurement, Current & Electricity, Motion in one, two & three dimensions, Oscillations, Heat & Thermodynamics, Kinetic Energy, Electromagnetic Induction
Transition of Metals,P block S block and F block elements, Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Chemistry of Carbon Compounds, Chemistry in Action, Polymers, Organic Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Bio-Molecules
Three Dimensional Geometry, Circles, Vectors, Logarithmic Series, Matrices & Determinates, Trigonometry, Differential Equation, Correlation & Regression, Probability, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry
COMEDK UGET 2019 Answer Key
COMEDK will release the Provisional and Final answer keys. Provisional Answer key will be available few days after COMEDK UGET 2019 exam.
- Final Answer key will be released after reviewing all the answers considered during challenging of Answer key.
- Candidates can download answer key from official website.
- They can challenge the answer key if they have proof or supporting material
- Challenging the answer key has to be done by paying INR 500 per answer.
- If the answer is considered for the challenge then the fee for that answer will be refunded.
- The final decision will be taken by COMEDK.
COMEDK UGET Result 2019
COMEDK UGET 2019 Result will be published on www.comedk.org during last week of May 2019. It will be released in two phases (Phase 1 and Phase 2). In Phase 1, Test Scores are released, and in Phase 2, Rank List is released.
COMEDK Merit list will be published after the declaration of results. Initially, a provisional merit list is published in the month of August after that final merit list is issued around September.
Tie Breaking: in the given order
- Candidate having least number of wrong Answers in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry will be preferred.
- Candidate having higher aggregate mark in Physics and Mathematics will be preferred.
- Candidate having higher marks in Mathematics will be preferred.
- If tie is still not resolved, elder candidate will be given preference.
Check COMEDK 2019 Result
COMEDK UGET 2019 Cutoff
COMEDK UGET 2019 cutoff will be based on the factors:
- number of applicants
- availability of seats
- difficulty level in the entrance examination
The cut off for each college will be released later. The cut off for COMEDK UGET 2017 is given below.
|S.No||Top Engineering Colleges in Karnataka accepting COMEDK UGET score||Cut off|
|1.||BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore||10928|
|2.||Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||13683|
|3.||RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||7558|
|4.||Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||23754|
|5.||Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||51075|
|6.||KLE Technological University, Hubli||46039|
|7.||Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore||31541|
|8.||Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||53696|
|9.||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||38491|
|10.||The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore||4587|
COMEDK UGET 2019 Counselling and Seat Allotment
- COMEDK 2019 will have a single window centralised counselling.
- After declaration of COMEDK result, candidates have to register online to participate in seat allotment process.
- Candidates have to select their preferred college and course based on the seats available as per their COMEDK UGET 2019 rank list.
- Candidate will have to report to the allotted college with COMEDK UGET 2019 seat allotment letter for admission and complete the formalities.
- COMEDK UGET 2019 seat allotment process will begin in July 2019.
- The allotment process is conducted in 2 rounds:-
- First Round of Seat Allotment- COMEDK prepares the merit list of the candidates after document verification. Candidates having higher ranks are given preference in seat allocation. The selected candidates have to submit their original documents along with Demand Draft.
- Second Round of Seat Allotment- After the first round of allotment, unfilled/surrendered/cancelled/newly added seats are allocated. Candidates who got seats in first round can also participate in the second round.