The Reserve Bank of India invites applications from eligible candidates for 27 posts of “Assistant” in various offices of the Bank. Selection for the post (Special Drive for PWD candidates-2018) will be through a country-wide competitive RBI Assistant 2018 examination in two phases i.e. Preliminary and Main examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT). Check RBI Assistant Syllabus
- Applications will be accepted only Online through the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in.
- Last Date for Submission of RBI Assistant Application is February 19, 2018.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with pass class for PWD candidates in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC. Check RBI Assistant Eligibility
- Final selection will be on the basis of candidate's performance in the online main examination, biometric verification and Language Proficiency Test taken together in order of merit. Check RBI Assistant Career Prospects
- Tentatively, Prelims is schedule for April 6 and Mains for May 7, 2018.
- Candidates may click on the link below for filling in the online application form.
“Recruitment for the post of Assistant” (Special Drive for PWD candidates- 2018)
RBI Assistant 2018 Vacancy Details
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for the post of Assistant (special drive for PwD candidates) in Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
|Kanpur & Lucknow||1||2||1||1||5|
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria
(a) Age (as on 01.01.2018)
Between 20 and 28 years. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/01/1990 and not later than 01/02/1998 (both days including) are only eligible to apply.
Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit:
Upper age limit will be relaxed as under:
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 10 years (GEN) 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.|
|Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989.||By 5 years|
|Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||To the extent of number of years of such experience, subject to maximum of 3 years.|
NOTE: Cumulative Age Relaxation will not be available either under the above items or in combination with any other items.
(b) Educational Qualifications (as on 01.01.2018):
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with pass class for PWD candidates in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
- Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
RBI Assistant Scheme of Selection
a. Preliminary Examination:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
b. Main Examination:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 minutes|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
c. Language Proficiency Test (LPT) –
The candidates provisionally selected from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned. Candidate not proficient in the Official/Local Language would be disqualified.
- The above main online tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the online examinations
- A candidate has to qualify in Preliminary Examination for appearing in Main Examination.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination).1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letter for examination from the RBI’s website.
- Roll No. of the candidates successful in preliminary online examination will be made available on RBI’s website in April 2018. The Roll No. of candidates successful in main online examination will be available on RBI’s website and a brief notice thereof will be published on the Bank’s website in May 2018.
- Only such number of candidates will be called for Language Proficiency Test who stand sufficiently high in merit on the aggregate marks of the Objective Tests, such merit being decided by the Bank in relation to the number of notified vacancies to be filled in.
- Final selection will be on the basis of candidate's performance in the online main examination, biometric verification and Language Proficiency Test taken together in order of merit.
- Appointment of selected candidate will be subject his/her being declared medically fit as per the rules of the Bank.
How to Apply for RBI Assistant 2018?
Before applying online, candidates should-
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process.
- Bank may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID.
- Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with /mention e mail id to any other person.
- In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, they should create their new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
Intimation Charges (Non- Refundable)
- Payable from January 30, 2018 to February 19, 2018 (Online payment)
- No fee is payable for the candidates applying for the post except the intimation charges of INR 50. Staff candidates are exempted from payment of intimation charges.
RBI Assistant Application Procedure
- Candidates may go to the RBI website www.rbi.org.in and click on the option "Recruitment for the post of Assistant " (Special drive for PWD candidates-2018) which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, they can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab.
- Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or their Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on 'Submit' button.
RBI Assistant Service Conditions / Career Prospects
Pay Scale: Assistants will draw a starting basic pay of INR 14650 per month (i.e. INR 13150 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates only) in the scale of 13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years) and other allowances, viz Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. as admissible from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants is approximately INR 32528/- including House Rent Allowance @ of 15 %.
Perquisites: RBI’s accommodation subject to availability, Conveyance expenses, Newspaper, Briefcase, Book Grant, Allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility. Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses of OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility; Interest free Festival Advance, Leave Fare Concession (Once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents). Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc.
- There are reasonable prospects for promotion to higher grades.
- Selected candidates will be initially posted in RBI’s office within the Recruitment Zone for which they had applied. However, they are liable to be transferred in administrative exigencies to centers grouped and classified into West, South, North and East Zone offices as under:
- West Zone: Ahmedabad, Bhopal (including Raipur), Mumbai (including Belapur, Pune and Panaji), Nagpur.
- South Zone: Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Thiruvananthapuram (including Kochi).
- North Zone: Chandigarh (including Shimla), Jaipur, Jammu / Srinagar, Kanpur, (including Lucknow & Dehradun), New Delhi.
- East Zone: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati (including all North Eastern states excluding Gangtok), Kolkata (including Gangtok), Patna (including Ranchi)
RBI Assistant 2018 Syllabus for Prelims and Mains
As mentioned above, the first two stages of the selection process will be based on written tests. These tests will mainly be based on the –
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Computer Knowledge and
- General Awareness
English Language section will contain questions based on - One Word Substitution, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Completion, One Word Substitution, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Completion, Phrases Active Passive Voice, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Correction and Cloze Test topics.
Quantitative Aptitude section will contain questions based on - Time and Distance, Time and Work, HCF and LCM, Simple and Compound Interest, Problems on Trains, Average Probability, Allegations and Comparison, Permutation and Combination, Pipes & Cistern, Number System Geometry, Mensuration, Percentage, Algebra and Trigonometry topics.
Reasoning section will contain questions based on - Number Series, Blood Relations, Analogy, Odd Man Out, Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Directions Based Concept, Row Arrangements, Symbols and Statement Reading topics.
Computer Knowledge section will contain questions based on - Basic Hardware and Software, History of Computers, Devices, Viruses and Hacking topics.
General Awareness section will contain questions based on - Current Affairs, Geography, History, Political Science, Banking Awareness, RBI Terms, Emoluments and Other Benefits and RBI ACT topics.