CBSE has made certain changes in the syllabus that is going to be followed in the academic year 20-21. The new syllabus was recently released on the official website of Central Board of Secondary Education. In this article, we are bringing insight into the changes that have brought in CBSE class 12th and CBSE Class 10th syllabus as compared to the previous year 2019-2020.
The board is now planning to reduce the current syllabus in order to compensate for the time lost due to COVID-19 crisis and progressing lockdown in the country. The revised syllabus will be available on the official website if there are any revisions.
Changes in New CBSE Class 10 Syllabus
What are the Changes in New CBSE Class 10 Syllabus?
According to Collegedunia analysis, No changes have been made in the year 20-21 in CBSE Class 10th syllabus for major subjects like English, Mathematics, Social Science and Science. Detailed Subject-wise analysis is mentioned below
CBSE Class 10th English
- The topics and chapter have not been changed, but the exam pattern has some minute changes.
- Distribution of marks for some questions have been changed.
- Some questions have been swapped with new questions.
- A new workbook has been added namely ‘Word and Expressions II(Workbook for ClassX)’.
- Remaining two textbooks have been kept the same.
- Internal Periodic assessments will be conducted.
CBSE Class 10th Mathematics
- No changes have been made in the topics and units of Mathematics,
- Unit-wise Mark distribution has also been kept the same.
- Internal periodic Assessments also remains the same.
CBSE Class 10th Science
- Topics and Units in Class 10th syllabus remain the same without alteration.
- Unit wise marks distribution on various topics also remain the same.
- No changes have been made in the prescribed book.
- One more book has been added namely ‘Assessment of Practical Skills in Science- Class 10th CBSE Publication’
- Internal Periodic Assessment and practicals Remain as same as the last year.
CBSE Class 10th Social Science
- The Social Science syllabus for class 10th remains identical to the last year’s syllabus.
- Unit wise marks distribution and exam pattern remain as same.
- Project work and case studies have also not been changed.
- Map work is also the same as it was in 2019-2020.
- An additional book, ‘Learning Outcomes at the Secondary Stage’ by NCERT has been included in the syllabus
- The internal assessment and marking scheme has not been altered.
Check CBSE Class 10th Sample Papers
Changes in New CBSE Class 12 Syllabus
What are the Changes in New CBSE Class 12 Syllabus?
There are no major changes in CBSE Class 12th syllabus in 2020-21, however, a new elective subject ‘Applied Mathematics’ has been introduced in group-A academia. The tributary of Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) has some minute changes in the practicals while theory syllabus is almost identical. Given below are the subjects that are brought forward from last years syllabus without any change..
- English Core
- Business Studies
Given below are the subjects that have a few changes in syllabus
CBSE Class 12th Biology
- The units and topics from the theory section remain identical.Practicals have been revised.
- Following practicals have been removed from the curriculum:
- Study of presence of suspended particulate matter in the air at two widely different sites.
- Study of the effect of different temperatures on the activity of salivary amylase
- One more book ‘Biology Supplementary Material (Revised)’ has been added in the syllabus.
CBSE Class 12th Chemistry
- In Chemistry, Theory syllabus has some changes.
- The following chapters are added to the syllabus
- The Chapter that has been removed is
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- There are no other changes noticed in the syllabus for the CBSE Board exams 2020-21 in comparison to 2019-20
- Internal assessments and marking scheme have not been changed.
CBSE Class 12th Physics
- There has been no change in the theory syllabus.
- The practical assignment has been increased to 6 in total previously being 5.
- The practicals that have been swiped out are:
- To determine the wavelength of a laser beam by diffraction.
- To understand the principle of (i) a NOT gate (ii) an OR gate (iii)an AND gate and to make their equivalent circuits using a bell and cells/battery and keys /switches
- The Periodic internal assessments have not been changed.
- Marking scheme for practicals has seen some changes for the year 20-21.
Check CBSE Class 12th Sample Papers
Changes in Physics practical evaluation scheme
|Two experiments one from each section||8+8 Marks||7+7 marks|
|Practical record [experiments and activities]||6 Marks||5 marks|
|One activity from any section||-||3 marks|
|Investigatory Project||3 Marks||3 Marks|
|Viva on experiments, activities and project||5 Marks||5 Marks|
Check Supreme Court Asks CBSE to Decide on Board Exam Schedule in a Week
CBSE Class 12th Political Science
In political science, the syllabus has some considerable changed as compared to the previous year 2019-20. The changes are mentioned below
The chapters that have been added
- New Centers of Power
- United Nations and its Organizations
- Planning and Development
- India's Foreign Policy
- Parties and the Party Systems in India
- Democratic Resurgence
- Social and New Social Movements in India
- Indian Politics: Trends and Developments
The chapters that have been removed
- US Hegemony in World Politics
- Alternative centres of power
- International Organizations
- Er of One-Party Dominance
- India’s External relations
- Challenges to the Congress System
- Crisis of the Democratic Order
- Rise of Popular Movements
- Recent Developments in Indian Politics
Also See CBSE Board Exam Results 2020: Class 10th, 12th results to be declared by August 15; check details here