CEED 2019 is scheduled for January 19, 2019 in online mode. To score well in the exam candidate must know the whole pattern and syllabus of the exam. CEED score is considered by reputed institutes like IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur and IISc Bangalore.
To be able to clear CEED 2019, a lot depends on your preparation strategies. It is not an easy nut to crack and requires a rigorous amount of effort. The right balance between your work and play will help you fetch better marks. Here we recommend you to devote this crucial time to practicing as many CEED Practice papers as possible so that you prepare a better strategy.
This article includes exam pattern, syllabus with weightage, important topics, difficulty level, preparation tips, recommended books as well as links and references to online material that will help one in CEED 2019 Preparation. Hope this will make your CEED 2019 Preparation easier.
CEED 2019 Exam Pattern
Following is the Pattern for both Part -A and Part-B in CEED 2019:
- The exam is organized in two parts - Part-A & Part-B.
- Part-A contains 3 sections-Section-I, Section-II, Section-III & Part-B contains Drawing & Designing Test.
- The question paper is in English language only.
- Exam duration of part A is of 1 hour and that of part B is 2 hours.
- Candidates who have qualified in Part-A are eligible to appear for Part-B.
- Part-A is computer based exam whereas Part-B is pen & paper based exam.
- 2 marks are given for each right answer in Part-A.
- Negative Marking for Section-I is 0.6. Section-II has no negative marking and Section-III having 0.6 negative marking.
- The Part-A is of 200 Marks and Part-B is of 100 Marks.
Read more CEED Exam Pattern
CEED 2019 Preparation Tips
Here are some quick CEED 2019 Preparation Tips for your reference:
- Improve your creativity skills – The candidate must read topics related to Interaction Designs and also improved his skills on Visual Communications. There are some good books available in the market on these topics and candidates can purchase them online through e-commerce websites.
- Solve previous year question papers- The candidates must go through the exams patterns of previous years and try solving the questions on their own. Candidates should match their answers to see how well they did in those exams. Solving CEED Sample Papers can boost the morale of the candidate appearing for the exam. So, download the previous year’s papers from the official websites of various reputed institutes such as IIT and try solving it.
- Enhance 3D drawing skills- Improving the drawing skills is the necessity for clearing the exam. Candidates must be able to imagine and draw a 3D model of the thing they wants to present. The best way is to sit with pen/pencil and paper and attempt to sketch. The aspirants can try to improve their 3D skills by drawing common household items such as fruits, fridge or any other thing. More you draw, more you will learn about sketching which automatically makes you better prepared for it.
- Enhace your creative thinking- The exam checks for the creative power of the candidate. So the candidate must try to answer his questions in a different way if he/she can. Doing this will surely increase his chances of clearing the exam as most of the candidates are afraid to think out of the box while answering the same question.
- Proper time management- The candidate must divide his time upon the various topics covered in the exam as per his grip on the topics. Like, if the candidate is good in drawing then he must give more time in honing his skills in general awareness and other topics in which he finds himself in troubled waters.
- Read daily cartoon strip- Also, a candidate must read daily cartoon strips online or in the newspaper as it improves the candidate’s ability of presenting his views in a story board format which impresses the evaluator.
CEED 2019 Important Topics
These are the Important Topics for Part A CEED 2019:
|General Knowledge:||Questions on general concepts of physics, chemistry or mathematics:||Indian history, geography and architecture:||3 D visualization:||Sketching|
|The General knowledge section has questions from geography, history, civics and other related areas. Also, there are questions that test knowledge of history of architecture.||In 2017 there was a question that tested the general logic of pulley. Since there is no defined syllabus so the question can be asked. So, it is advised to check the general questions that can be asked on the concepts of physics, chemistry and mathematics.||The head is covered under general knowledge subhead. Still there is a strong possibility that more questions come on the country and its history.||There are a lot of questions that test your ability to visualize. The questions in part A of the exam are basic in nature. The part B questions are more difficult.||There will be options given and you will be asked to identify the correct option in part A of the exam.|
These are the Important topics for part B CEED 2019:
|Important Topics in Part B of CEED|
|Color theory||Design concepts||Creative writing skills||Communication skills|
|Light and shadow||Perspective||Logical reasoning||Product designing|
|Drawing ability and skills||Logo designing||How to develop characters||Problem identification and design problem solving|
Weightage of Topics
Weightage is shown in below table:
|Section||No. of Questions||Question Type||Total Marks||Negative Marks|
Part B : It contains No Negative Marking. Syllabus For Part B and their weightage is shown in following table:
|Section||No. of Questions||Question Type||Total Marks|
|1||4||Questions has to Answer||50|
|2||4||Anyone of them||50|
Difficulty Level of CEED
- Last year, the difficulty level of Part A was moderate. There were very less questions from GK and Maths. Most of the questions were on visualisation.
- Part B was relatively easier. Part B of the exam had normal sketching questions. No Product Design related questions were asked. MCQs and MSQs were also good. Drawing part was tough and long.
Recommended Books for CEED 2019
Important Books for Part A
- Basic Rendering by Robert W.Gill.
- Perspective drawing by Joseph D Amelio.
- Seeds For CEED by Bhushan Patil.
- Changes by Design by Tim Brown.
Important Books for Part B
- Design drawing by Francis D.K. Ching .
- The Design of Everyday Things by Donald A. Norman.
- Sketching views of drawings and general things and drawing techniques by David Lewis.
Other than the books, you may also take help from some of the online resource materials. They not just help you prepare in an organized way, but also help you focus on the most important topics. Following websites offer online courses for CEED 2019 Preparation: