University of Madras established in 1840 by a public petition (1939) and it provides undergraduate, post graduate in its more than 68 departments of study and research. It has 4 campuses with 18 schools offering post-graduate courses in various specializations.
The last date of application is May 30, 2015. The entrance test for Vaishnavism will be conducted on June 24, 2015 and for Urdu and Arabic Persian the entrance & Interview will be conducted on June 29, 2015. The Merit list will be displayed on July 20, 2015. The entrance for M. Phil in education will be conducted on June 30, 2015.
It offers Full time and Part time M. Phil in the following streams:
- Continuing Education Management
- Analytical Chemistry
- Ancient History and Archeology
- Public Affairs (1 year choice based programmes)
- Bio Chemistry
- Scientific Instrumentation
- South & Southeast Asian studies
- Computer Science
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- Journalism and Communication
- Organic Chemistry
- Islamic Studies
And some more Arts and Science streams
Duration:Full time courses 1 year and part time courses 2 years duration
University of Madras M.Phil Eligibility:
The eligibility for Full time course:
- The candidates should have scored 50%(45% in case of SC/ST/PwD) marks for master's degree completed before January 1, 2015 and 55%(50% in case of SC/ST/PwD) for master's degree completed after this date
- The candidates should have completed schooling under 10+2 pattern/ pre-university 11 year S.S.L.C + 1 year
The eligibility for Part time course:
- Teacher candidates working in affiliated colleges of the university and having qualification approved by the university
- Teacher candidates working in University Departments
- Candidates working in DTE or Higher Secondary School/ High Schools approved by state boards or Central Board of secondary education or equivalent having master's degree on or after January 1, 2015 with 55% marks
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
University of Madras M.Phil Application Form:
The application forms will be available on the website of the university http://www.unom.ac.in/index.php?route=administration/downloads and the last date of Application is May 30, 2015. The application must be submitted with DD drawn in favor of "The Registrar, University of Madras, Chennai-600005". The application fee is INR 25 only and with late fee after June 11, 2015 it is INR 125.
The admissions will be made after the entrance test.
- The selection will be completely based on qualifying exam marks, entrance marks and eligibility.
- There will be 100 marks entrance test and there is no entrance test for part time courses
- The entrance test will be conducted at the respective departments of the subject applying for
- There will be a list of successful candidates which will be displayed on the respective departments' notice boards
University of Madras Courses
University of Madras Course Fees