Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jodhpur invites applications for admission in "Visvesvaraya Ph.D. Scheme for Electronics and IT".
This is a full-time Ph.D. program with fellowship for a maximum period of five years.
Important Dates for IIT Jodhpur Ph.D. Admission:
|Last date of filling online application form||July 06, 2015|
|Announcement of short listed candidates for the admission process||July 09, 2015|
|Date of written test and/or Interview||July 14, 2015|
- 300/- for general and OBC candidates
- 150/- for SC/ST and OBC candidates
Research Area: Only those candidates should apply who are interested in any one of the areas given below.
|S. No.||Area||S. No.||Area|
|1||Energy Efficiency at UE||10||Devices and sensors|
|2||HetNet enhanced Inter-Cell Inference Coordination (eICIC)||11||Handwriting & Speech Recognition Technologies for Indian Languages|
|3||Improved Spectral Efficiency, Massive MIMO, and Carrier Aggregation||12||Low latency mobile communication to provide real time application|
|4||Power Electronics||13||Device-to-Device (D2D) communication|
|5||Image reconstruction||14||Control Engineering|
|6||Image and Video Coding||15||Super-Resolution Imaging|
|7||Devices and Circuits for Low Power||16||MicroGrid|
|8||Device Circuit co-design||17||Nanoelectronics|
|9||Wireless Networks, Software Defined Networks||18||Power System Protection and Power Quality|
Eligibility for IIT Jodhpur Ph.D. Admission 2015:
Candidate must fulfill any one of the following four criteria
- Candidate must have passed M.E./M.Tech or M.S. in the department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering with minimum of 60% marks or minimum of 5/10 CGPA.
- candidate with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering with
- Tech., B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering with at least 80% marks or at least 8/10 CPI or CGPA (75% marks or 7.5 CGPA/CPI for SC/ST) and a valid GATE/UGC-CSIR NET score, or
- Tech. degree from any of the IITs in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and Electronics and Communication engineering with at least 8/10 CPI or CGPA.
- Applicants with Master's degree in Engineering from a University or an Institute abroad in the department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering with at least 60% marks.
- Sponsored Candidates: There can be selection under sponsored category; provided sponsoring agency agrees to provide matching funding as per 'the PhD Scheme' of Deity. Some or all the eligibility criteria given above from 1) to 3) can be relaxed for exceptional candidates. In case suitable candidates, in this category are not found, all selections will be made as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Candidate will be selected on the basis of written exam and interview conducted by the institute.
Application process for IIT Jodhpur Ph.D. Admission 2015:
Convener (Ph.D. Admissions)
- Candidates should register on the Online Registration Process. A password and confirmation mail will be sent to the candidate on their registered email ID.
- Through this password candidate can fill/submit the application form.
- Fill the online application form
- Upload scan copy of recent passport size photograph and signature
- The file size should not be more than 50KB
- Pay the application fee online
- After submission of application and fee a PDF of the completed form will be generated
- The candidates are required to sign it and send it along with all self-attested required documents and Online Payment Receipt by post to
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
Old Residency Road, Ratanada
IIT Jodhpur Courses
IIT Jodhpur Fee Details