Anna University is a technical university which provides various under-graduate , post graduate and research programmes in engineering, technology etc. It was established in 1978. Through TNEA University offers admission to B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering under the university department of electronics and communication and its affiliated colleges.
Anna university BE Electronics and Communication Important Dates
|Start date for application||May 6, 2015|
|Last date for application||May 29, 2015|
|Counseling starts from||July 1, 2015|
|Counseling ends on||July 31, 2015|
|Commencement of classes||August 2015|
Anna university BE Electronics and Communication Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed 12thclass. Minimum percentage requirement is 50% aggregate for GEN/ 40% for SC and ST/ 45% for backward classes students
- They should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects
- Students who have passed in any one of the vocational subjects along with subjects like physics, chemistry or mathematics can also apply. Minimum percentage requirement is given below
|Category ||Percentage |
Following is the list of vocational courses:-
- General Machinist
- Electrical Machines and Appliances
- Electronic Equipments
- Draughtsman Civil
- Auto Mechanic
- Textile Technology
Anna university BE Electronics and Communication Application Procedure
Candidates have to apply for TNEA 2015 Counselling for getting Admission into B.E. Electronics and Communication. Application form needs to be filled in order to apply.
Registration starts from May 6, 2015. Last date of form submission is May 29, 2015. Application fee is INR 500 for general and INR 250 for SC/ST.
- Form can be downloaded from website — annauniv.edu
- One can also obtain application form by post from "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai-600025â€³ by sending a requisition along with a Demand Draft of INR 700 for GEN/ INR 450 for reserved categories. it should be in favor of "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions" payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalized Bank dated on or after May 5, 2015
Following is the list of documents needs to be submitted along with application form
- Special Reservation Form
- Self address stamped Envelope
- Class 10thand 12thmarks sheets
- Transfer certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM
- Nativity Certificate
- Higher Secondary/Diploma Roll number
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration
While preparing merit list, marks of concerned subjects of qualifying exam will be reduced to 200 marks for general students (100 for mathematics and 100 for physics and chemistry).
Students who have completed their studies from National Boards like CBSE, ICSE then highest marks in concerned subject by them at the National level will be taken into account for normalization of marks. If these marks will not be available then maximum marks will be considered as 100%.
Suppose candidates have same marks in merit list then preference will be given in following order
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the Fourth optional subject
- Date of Birth (one who is elder will be placed above other one)
Rank list can be checked on given link- http://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2015 .
- Shortlisted students will also be intimated though call letters for counselling by post.
- In order of merit, they will be called for counselling. Candidates will choose colleges and branches at time of counselling.
- They have to deposit amount of INR 5000 (INR 1000 for SC/SCA/ST) in cash or by demand draft and must carry all the required original documents for counselling.
- When the seat will be allotted, this amount will be adjusted against the tuition fee. If they will not join, 80% of initial deposit will be refunded.
Anna university BE Electronics and Communication Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list prepared by taking into account various factors such as
- Community Wise Categorization
- Marks Obtained in Maths and Physics in class 12th
- Date of Birth
Anna university BE Electronics and Communication Course Fees
Students can check out all the fee structure of the BE Electronics and Communication Engineering below:-
Total fee for General- INR 1,45,000
|Year / Sem||Tuition||Registration||Hostel||Admission||Exam||Other|
Anna university BE Electronics and Communication Study Centers
BE Electronics and Communication is offered on Anna University Campus along with all affiliated government, private colleges affiliated with Anna University.
Few of the affiliated colleges are given below:-
Anna University B.E. Production Engineering Admission 2015
Anna University B.E. Industrial Engineering Admission 2015
Anna University B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Admission