Anna University provides various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate programmes. It is a accredited by UGC. University offers B.Tech Information Technology (Dual Degree) Engineering under its affiliated colleges. Its admission is through TNEA Counselling. Course is provided in both part time and full time mode
Anna University B.Tech Information Technology (Dual Degree) Important Dates
|Start date for application||May 6, 2015|
|Last date for application||May 29, 2015|
|Counseling starts from||July 1, 2015|
|Counseling ends on||July 31, 2015|
|Commencement of classes||August 2015|
Anna University B.Tech Information Technology (Dual Degree) Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed 12thclass and secured at least 50% (GEN)/ 40% (SC/ST)/ 45% (Backward class students)
- They should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects
- Candidates who have passed in any one of the vocational subjects along with subjects like physics, chemistry or mathematics can also apply. Minimum percentage requirement is given below:-
List of vocational subjects is given as follows:-
- General Machinist
- Electrical Machines and Appliances
- Electronic Equipments
- Draughtsman Civil
- Auto Mechanic
- Textile Technology
Anna University B.Tech Information Technology (Dual Degree) Application Procedure
Students have to fill the application to apply for TNEA 2015 Counselling. Application forms will be available from May 6, 2015. Last date to submit form is May 29, 2015. Application fee is INR 500 for general and INR 250 for SC/ST.
- Form can be downloaded from website — annauniv.edu
- One can also obtain application form by post from "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai-600025â€³ by sending a requisition along with a Demand Draft of INR 700 for GEN/ INR 450 for reserved categories. it should be in favor of "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions" payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalized Bank dated on or after May 5, 2015
Following is the list of documents needs to be submitted along with application form
- Special Reservation Form
- Self address stamped Envelope
- Class 10thand 12thmarks sheets
- Transfer certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM
- Nativity Certificate
- Higher Secondary/Diploma Roll number
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration
Anna University B.Tech Information Technology (Dual Degree) Selection Procedure
Students will be selected based on merit list made by taking into account following factors
- Community Wise Categorization
- Marks Obtained in Maths and Physics in class 12th
- Date of Birth
While preparing merit list, marks of concerned subjects of qualifying exam will be reduced to 200 marks for general students (100 for mathematics and 100 for physics and chemistry).
Students who have completed their studies from National Boards like CBSE, ICSE then highest marks in concerned subject by them at the National level will be taken into account for normalization of marks. If these marks will not be available then maximum marks will be considered as 100%.
Suppose candidates have same marks in merit list, then preference will be given in following order
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the Fourth optional subject
- Date of Birth (one who is elder will be placed above other one)
Rank list can be checked on given link- http://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2015 .
- Shortlisted students will also be intimated though call letters for counselling by post.
- In order of merit, they will be called for counselling. Candidates will choose colleges and branches at time of counselling.
- They have to deposit amount of INR 5000 (INR 1000 for SC/SCA/ST) in cash or by demand draft and must carry all the required original documents for counselling.
- When the seat will be allotted, this amount will be adjusted against the tuition fee. If they will not join, 80% of initial deposit will be refunded.
Anna University B.Tech Information Technology (Dual Degree) Course Fees
Students can check out all the fee structure of the given course below:-
Total fee- 1.4 lakh
|Year / Sem||Tuition||Registration||Hostel||Admission||Exam||Other|
Anna University B.Tech Information Technology (Dual Degree) Study Centers
B.Tech Information Technology (Dual Degree) is offered on Anna University Campus along with affiliated colleges.
Few of the affiliated colleges are given below:-
Anna University B.E. Production Engineering Admission 2015
Anna University B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Admission
Anna University B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering Admission