Anna University is a technical university providing variety of courses in engineering, technology and allied sciences. It is accredited by UGC. University is conducting admission for B.E. Computer Science and Engineering (both part time and full time) through TNEA
Important Dates for admission into BE Computer Science
|Start date for application||May 6, 2015|
|Last date for application||May 29, 2015|
|Counseling starts from||July 1, 2015|
|Counseling ends on||July 31, 2015|
|Commencement of classes||August 2015|
Anna University BE Computer Science Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have cleared 12thclass exam and scored minimum 50% for GEN/40% for SC/ST/ 45% for backward class students
- They must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects
- Those who have passed in any one of the vocational subjects along with subjects like physics, chemistry or mathematics can also apply. Minimum percentage requirement is given as follows:-
Vocational subjects are given below:-
- General Machinist
- Electrical Machines and Appliances
- Electronic Equipments
- Draughtsman Civil
- Auto Mechanic
- Textile Technology
Anna University BE Computer Science Application Procedure
Students have to fill the application form. Admission will be through TNEA 2015 Counselling. Application forms will be available from May 6, 2015. Last date of form submission is May 29, 2015. Application fee is INR 500 for general and INR 250 for SC/ST.
- Form can be downloaded from website — annauniv.edu
- One can also obtain application form by post from "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai-600025â€³ by sending a requisition along with a Demand Draft of INR 700 for GEN/ INR 450 for reserved categories. it should be in favor of "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions" payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalized Bank dated on or after May 5, 2015
Following is the list of documents needs to be submitted along with application form
- Special Reservation Form
- Self address stamped Envelope
- Class 10thand 12thmarks sheets
- Transfer certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM
- Nativity Certificate
- Higher Secondary/Diploma Roll number
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration
Anna University BE Computer Science Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list prepared by taking into account various factors such as
- Community Wise Categorization
- Marks Obtained in Maths and Physics in class 12th
- Date of Birth
While preparing merit list, marks of concerned subjects of qualifying exam will be reduced to 200 marks for general students (100 for mathematics and 100 for physics and chemistry).
Students who have completed their studies from National Boards like CBSE, ICSE then highest marks in concerned subject by them at the National level will be taken into account for normalization of marks. If these marks will not be available then maximum marks will be considered as 100%.
Suppose candidates have same marks in merit list then preference will be given in following order
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the Fourth optional subject
- Date of Birth (one who is elder will be placed above other one)
Rank list can be checked on given link- http://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2015 .
- Shortlisted students will also be intimated though call letters for counselling by post.
- In order of merit, they will be called for counselling. Candidates will choose colleges and branches at time of counselling.
- They have to deposit amount of INR 5000 (INR 1000 for SC/SCA/ST) in cash or by demand draft and must carry all the required original documents for counselling.
- When the seat will be allotted, this amount will be adjusted against the tuition fee. If they will not join, 80% of initial deposit will be refunded.
Anna University BE Computer Science Course Fees
Students can check fee structure of the BE Computer Science below:-
|Year / Sem||Tuition||Registration||Hostel||Admission||Exam||Other|
Anna University BE Computer Science Study Centers
BE Computer Science is offered on Anna University Campus along with affiliated colleges.
Few of the affiliated colleges are given below:-