Anna University is a technical university located in Tamil Nadu offering variety of courses. It was established on September 4, 1978. Through TNEA it is conducting admission for B.Tech Chemical Engineering under the university department of chemical engineering and its affiliated colleges.
Important Dates for admission into B.Tech Chemical Engineering
|Start date for application||May 6, 2015|
|Last date for application||May 29, 2015|
|Counseling starts from||July 1, 2015|
|Counseling ends on||July 31, 2015|
|Commencement of classes||August 2015|
Anna University B.Tech Chemical Engineering Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have cleared 12thclass exam.
- Minimum percentage requirement is 50% for GEN/ 45% for BC/ 40% for SC/ST
- They should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects
- Candidates who have passed in any one of the vocational subjects along with subjects like physics, chemistry or mathematics can also apply.
|Category ||Percentage |
List of vocational subjects is as follows:-
- General Machinist
- Electrical Machines and Appliances
- Electronic Equipments
- Draughtsman Civil
- Auto Mechanic
- Textile Technology
Anna University B.Tech Chemical Engineering Application Procedure
Application form needs to be filled by candidates in order to get admission through TNEA 2015 Counselling. Forms will be available from May 6, 2015. Last date of filling form is May 29, 2015. Application fee is INR 500 for general and INR 250 for SC/ST.
- Form can be downloaded from website — annauniv.edu
- One can also obtain application form by post from "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai-600025â€³ by sending a requisition along with a Demand Draft of INR 700 for GEN/ INR 450 for reserved categories. it should be in favor of "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions" payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalized Bank dated on or after May 5, 2015
Following is the list of documents needs to be submitted along with application form
- Special Reservation Form
- Self address stamped Envelope
- Class 10thand 12thmarks sheets
- Transfer certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM
- Nativity Certificate
- Higher Secondary/Diploma Roll number
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration
Anna University B.Tech Chemical Engineering Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list prepared by taking into account various factors such as
- Community Wise Categorization
- Marks Obtained in Maths and Physics in class 12th
- Date of Birth
While preparing merit list, marks of concerned subjects of qualifying exam will be reduced to 200 marks for general students (100 for mathematics and 100 for physics and chemistry).
Students who have completed their studies from National Boards like CBSE, ICSE then highest marks in concerned subject by them at the National level will be taken into account for normalization of marks. If these marks will not be available then maximum marks will be considered as 100%.
Suppose candidates have same marks in merit list then preference will be given in following order
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the Fourth optional subject
- Date of Birth (one who is elder will be placed above other one)
Rank list can be checked on given link- http://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2015 .
- Shortlisted students will also be intimated though call letters for counselling by post.
- In order of merit, they will be called for counselling. Candidates will choose colleges and branches at time of counselling.
- They have to deposit amount of INR 5000 (INR 1000 for SC/SCA/ST) in cash or by demand draft and must carry all the required original documents for counselling.
- When the seat will be allotted, this amount will be adjusted against the tuition fee. If they will not join, 80% of initial deposit will be refunded.
Anna University B.Tech Chemical Engineering Course Fees
Students can check fee structure of course below:-
|Year / Sem||Tuition||Registration||Hostel||Admission||Exam||Other|
Anna University B.Tech Chemical Engineering Study Centers
It is offered on Anna University Campus along with all affiliated colleges.
Few of the affiliated colleges are given below:-