Anna University is a technical university in Tamil Nadu offering higher education in engineering, technology and allied sciences. It was established in 1978. It provides admission to BE courses through TNEA. It offers B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering under the university department of Electronics and Instrumentation and its affiliated colleges.
Anna University B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Important Dates
|Start date for application||May 6, 2015|
|Last date for application||May 29, 2015|
|Counseling starts from||July 1, 2015|
|Counseling ends on||July 31, 2015|
|Commencement of classes||August 2015|
Anna University B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have passed 12thclass securing minimum of 50% aggregate.
- For SC/ST students, it is 40% whereas for Backward classes it is 45%.
- Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects
- Candidates who have passed in any one of the vocational subjects along with subjects like physics, chemistry or mathematics can also apply. Minimum percentage requirement is given as follows:-
Vocational courses list is given below:-
- General Machinist
- Electrical Machines and Appliances
- Electronic Equipments
- Draughtsman Civil
- Auto Mechanic
- Textile Technology
Anna University B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Application Procedure
Candidate can apply for TNEA 2015 Counselling for getting Admission into B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation. Application form needs to be filled online/offline. It starts from May 6, 2015. Last date to submit form is May 29, 2015. Application fee is INR 500 for general and INR 250 for SC/ST.
- Form can be downloaded from website – www.annauniv.edu
- One can also obtain application form by post from "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai-600025â€³ by sending a requisition letter along with a Demand Draft of INR 700 for GEN/ INR 450 for reserved categories. it should be in favor of "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions" payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalized Bank dated on or after 05th May 2015
Following is the list of documents need to be submitted along with application form
- Special Reservation Form
- Self address stamped Envelope
- Class 10thand 12th marks sheets
- Transfer certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM
- Nativity Certificate
- Higher Secondary/Diploma Roll number
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration
Anna University B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list prepared by taking into account various factors such as
- Community Wise Categorization
- Marks Obtained in Maths and Physics in class 12th
- Date of Birth
While preparing merit list, marks of concerned subjects of qualifying exam will be reduced to 200 marks for general students (100 for mathematics and 100 for physics and chemistry).
Students who have completed their studies from National Boards like CBSE, ICSE then highest marks in concerned subject by them at the National level will be taken into account for normalization of marks. If these marks will not be available then maximum marks will be considered as 100%.
Suppose candidates have same marks in merit list then preference will be given in following order
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the Fourth optional subject
- Date of Birth (one who is elder will be placed above other one)
Rank list can be checked on given link- http://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2015 .
- Shortlisted students will also be intimated though call letters for counselling by post.
- In order of merit, they will be called for counselling. Candidates will choose colleges and branches at time of counselling.
- They have to deposit amount of INR 5000 (INR 1000 for SC/SCA/ST) in cash or by demand draft and must carry all the required original documents for counselling.
- When the seat will be allotted, this amount will be adjusted against the tuition fee. If they will not join, 80% of initial deposit will be refunded.
Anna University B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Course Fees
Students can check out fee structure of the BE Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering below
Total – 1,45,000 (for General)
|Year / Sem||Tuition||Registration||Hostel||Admission||Exam||Other|
Anna University B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Study Centers
BE Electronics and Instrumentation is offered on University Campus along with affiliated colleges.
Few of the affiliated colleges are given below:-
Anna University B.E. Production Engineering Admission 2015
Anna University B.E. Aeronautical Engineering Admission 2015
Anna University B.E. Industrial Engineering Admission 2015