Home > News >  CBSE Schools are Choosing Alternatives for Allotment of Subjects to Students

CBSE Schools are Choosing Alternatives for Allotment of Subjects to Students

Durgesh Rai Durgesh Rai
Content Curator

CBSE affiliated schools are using alternatives for the allotment of streams to students, since they have been promoted to class XI without writing all papers of Class X.

Schools are opting to various measures for allotment, one of them is Know Your Aptitude (KYA) or CBSE Aptitude Test which was launched to make students aware of their skills and strengths. The test will help students in deciding what choices they should make for the future. 

Emerald Heights International School conducted a psychometric test of all students of class X, the test result showed that 75 % of the students cleared about the streams that they had planned. The remaining 25% students will be counseled through one on one zoom meeting to know their aptitude, career counsellor of the school Vandana Murjani said. 

Queens College, Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vihar, Delhi Public School and New Digamber Public School are some of the schools who have opted for marks scored by students in pre-board as an alternative for allotting streams.

Some schools are using the method of one on one counselling of the students along with their parents for knowing their aptitude and further allocating them the stream.

There are also schools who have been giving subjects to students as per their choice. For an instance, Daly college has allotted streams to students as per their choice, 

"Only when we feel that they won't be able to cope up with the stream we try to counsel them and make them understand,” said principal Neeraj Kumar Bhedotiya.