The Railway Recruitment Board (RRBs) is speeding up the process for conducting RRB NTPC exam.
RRBs are planning to conduct NTPC exam once the lockdown is lifted. An official release issued by the board on Thursday (June 18) reads, “Indian Railways to speed up the process for conducting RRB NTPC exam.
More than 1.25 crore applications were received for NTPC posts. A viable strategy is being formulated to conduct a massive examination of 1.25 crore applicants observing all norms in COVID-19 scenario.”
“Examination process preparation was at an advance stage during pre-COVID scenario by RRBs. However, it was interrupted by the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic. Indian Railways is going to expedite the recruitment process as situation eases out,” reads the notice further.
RRBs working on challenges to conduct exam smoothly
Keeping in mind the present, new kind of challenges need to be surmounted.
- The challenges are such as candidates have to wear face masks. This poses challenges of tackling impersonation.
- Mass gathering at exam centres may occur.
- The exam centres need to be sanitized after each shift
- Number of candidates to be booked in an exam centre may have to be cut down.
- The social distancing between two candidates.
- Enforcing the norms required for fair and smooth conduct of the exam.
RRB NTPC exam is conducted to select candidates for Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) graduate and undergraduate posts in various Zonal Railways and Production Units of Indian Railways.
The posts under RRB NTPC includes Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Trains Clerk, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Traffic Assistant, Goods Guard, Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper and Commercial Apprentice and Station Master.