CIFE Ph.D Admission 2015:
Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE) Mumbai invites the application for Ph.D Programme. For admission to Ph.D programme All India Competitive Examination will be held on July 26, 2015 & viva-voce / interview for the qualified candidates will be held on July 27, 2015 at Mumbai only.
Name of Discipline and Number of Seats:
|Fisheries Resource Management||06|
|Fish Nutrition & Feed Technology||03|
|Fish Physiology and Biochemistry||02|
|Aquatic Animal Health Management||04|
|Aquatic Environmental Management||03|
- Numbers of seats are tentative and likely to be changed without prior notice.
- Seats remaining vacant on account of non-availability of suitable candidates in a particular discipline will be allotted to another discipline and filled up from eligible candidates.
- The decision of the Admission Committee / Vice-Chancellor will be final in this regard.
Eligibility Criteria for CIFE Mumbai Ph.D Admissions 2015:
- F.Sc. (4 years B.F.Sc.+2 years P.G./3 years B.Sc.+3 years P.G. pattern/M.Sc. offered at CIFE (up to 1995) or
- F.Sc., provided the candidate holds a Bachelor's degree in Biological Science and has two years of experience in fisheries development work after obtaining D.F.Sc.
- Sponsored: In case of sponsored candidates, those holding M.Sc. in Fish and Fisheries and related disciplines with at least two years' experience in Fisheries development work are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: The minimum age for admission shall be 22 years as on 31st August 2015.
Fellowship There is a provision for awarding institutional Fellowship to candidates @ Rs 13, 125/- per month and Rs 3000/- per month to the in-service candidates from ICAR Institutes/SAUs/CAUs but there is no provision for Institutional Fellowship for the selected candidates from State Fisheries Department.
How to Apply for CIFE Mumbai Ph.D Admissions 2015
- Candidates can apply online for Ph.D Programme
- He / She need not purchase separate prospectus
- Application and prospectus will be available on CIFE website cife.edu.in
- Then candidates fill the application form online with all required details
- During filling of prescribed online application form, candidates have option for making fee
- Fee payment can be through Bank challan of State Bank of India or Credit / Debit card using e-payment of SBI.
- Application fees of Rs 500/-for all categories.
CIFE Mumbai Ph.D admissions 2015 Important Dates:
|Start date of Online Application||May 5, 2015|
|Last date of submission of online application||June 5, 2015|
|Last date of receipt of copy of filled in application form||June 15, 2015|
|Last Date of receipt of filled in application form||June 30, 2015|
|Written Examination||July 26, 2015|
|Interview||July 27, 2015|
Selection for CIFE Mumbai Ph.D Admissions 2015:
Candidate will be selected on the base of the performance in the written exam.
- An All India Competitive Written Examination for admission to Ph.D. in Fisheries shall be held in June at Mumbai.
- The candidates who fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria will be permitted to appear at the Entrance Test.
- A written test covering the subject matter shall be conducted before the interview to check the knowledge of the candidate in the discipline to which admission is sought.
Address:ICAR – Central Institute of Fisheries Education
Panch Marg, Off. Yari Road, Andheri (w)
Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400061
Click here for Course Details
Click here for Fee Dtails