Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidhyalaya (GKV), Haridwar invites application for Ph.D. Programme in various disciplines for 2015-16 academic sessions.
GKV Ph.D. Admissions 2015 Important Dates:
|Last date for submitting the filled in application form||June 13, 2015|
|Date of Research Entrance Test (RET)||June 30, 2015|
|Declaration and Display of RET Result on website or Notice Board||July 14, 2015|
Seats Available for GKV Ph.D. Admissions 2015:
|Course Code||Ph.D. Course In || No. of Seats|
|GKV-106||Human Consciousness and Yogic Science||—|
|GKV-107||Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology||03|
Eligibility for GKV Ph.D. Admission 2015:
- A candidate must passed Master's Degree from any recognized University/Institution
- In Master Degree candidate secured at least 55% marks (for general category) and 50% marks (for SC/ST and PwD candidates) in the main subject or an allied subject is eligible for the Research Entrance Test (RET) and registration for Ph.D. degree.
Note: There shall be relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST/ PWD candidates.
Registration of the candidate for Ph.D. programme shall be as follows:
- Through Research Entrance Test (RET)
- Direct Admission (without appearing in RET)
(i). Research Entrance Test (RET): Only those candidates shall be eligible to appear in the research entrance test, who fulfill the minimum qualification with requisite percentage of marks.
- Marks of Exam: 100 Marks without negative marking
- Duration of Exam: 2 Hours
- Mode Objective / Multiple: Choice type questions
Candidate secure at least 50% marks (for general Category) and 45% marks (for SC/ST/OBC/PWD?SW category) in entrance test.
(ii). Direct Admission (Relaxation from RET): Those candidates who fulfill one of the following requirements may be considered for Direct Admission to Ph.D. programme without appearing in Research Entrance Test (RET).
- A candidate who has passed UGC/CSIR (NET-JRF)/ NET/SLET /GATE Exam
- A candidate who is a teacher fellowship holder selected under Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) /Faculty Development Programme (FDP)/Faculty Improvement Programme (FIP)
Research Entrance Test (RET) Examination Centers for GKV Ph.D. Admission 2015:
The RET exam will be held to the following cities on June 30, 2015.
|S. No.||Exam Center City|
Note: Examination center may be changed if the number of candidates is less than 50
Research Entrance Test (RET) Examination 2015 Result Declaration:
- The merit of the selected candidates shall be declared or displayed on the Vishwavidyalaya website/notice boards of the concerned departments and the Registrar office.
- Selected candidates shall also be informed by registered post.
Note: However, the Vishwavidyalaya shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
Admission Procedure for GKV Ph.D. Admissions 2015:
Admissions and registration to programmes to Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in various subjects/ disciplines given in the table above shall be done as per UGC norms and approved by the Academic Council of the Vishwavidyalaya.
The Admission to the Said Programmes shall be
- Through Research Entrance Test (RET)
- Direct admission without appearing in RET
Note: The Ph.D. programme will be allowed in those subjects only where Post-Graduate courses are being taught in this Vishwavidhyalaya.
How to Apply for GKV Ph.D. Admissions 2015:
Application form, Information Brochure and Rules & Regulations for Research Entrance Test (RET)/Direct Admission (RET Exempted) for admission to Ph.D. programme
- can be obtained from the Office of Registrar, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidhyalaya, Haridwarby paying 1000/- in cash
- Or it can be obtained by sending a demand draft of 1050/-to Registrar, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidhyalaya, Haridwar.
- The demand draft should be in favour of "Registrar, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidhyalaya" payable at Haridwar
Candidate can download the application form from university website i.e. www.gkv.ac.in
- Completely filled in application form for entrance test / Direct Admission shall be submitted to the office of Registrar, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidhyalaya, Haridwar
- Downloaded application form from website will be accepted along with demand draft of 1000/-
- No examination fee shall be paid by the candidate while submitting application form
- Write the name of the main subject (with code) applied on the top of the envelop and your name and main subject (with code) on the back of the demand draft while demanding application form
- Application Fee shall neither be returned in any case nor shall be transferred for any other course
Documents required at the time of Interview/Discussion:
Candidate must carry the Attested/self-attested copy of following documents at the time of interview /discussion before the Departmental Research Committee:
- Admit card of the entrance test. (Original copy)
- High school or equivalent examination certificate and mark sheet
- Copy of Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent examination mark sheet
- Mark sheets of all years/ semesters of graduation and Post-graduation
- copies of UGC/CSIR(NET-JRF)/ NET/SLET/GATE/Teacher fellowship holder certificate in support of RET exemption under direct admission
- Character certificate (original copy)
- Reservation category certificate (attested copy)
- Caste certificate issued by competent authority
- Certificate of physically disabled candidates issued by District CMO
Address:Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidhyalaya
Gurukula Kangri, Haridwar-249404
Contact Details:Phone: 01334311881
Click here for Course details
Click here for Fee details