Anna University, Chennai was established in the year 1948. It offers various courses of UG, PG and Research. The university has six government engineering colleges, three government-aided private institutions, and 426 self-financing colleges.
Anna University M.Phil. Admission: The university conducts M.Phil. programmes at University Departments: College of Engineering, Guindy and Madras Institute of Technology M.Phil consists of various fields such as:
- Crystal Science
- Applied Geology
Anna University M.Phil. Important Dates:
|Registration Date||April 19, 2015|
|Last Date to receive of filled application||May 8, 2015|
|Entrance Exam||May 31, 2015|
Anna University M.Phil. Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must have completed Post Graduation from recognized university in 10+2+3+2 years pattern in following subjects:
- Mathematics: M.Sc. (Mathematics/Applied Mathematics)
- Physics: M.Sc. (Physics/Medical Physics/Materials Science)
- Chemistry: M.Sc. (Chemistry/Applied Chemistry)
- English: M.A. (English)
- Crystal Science: M.A. (Physics/Material Science/Medical Physics/Chemistry/Applied Chemistry)
- Applied Geology: M.A (Geology/Applied Geology)
Anna University M.Phil. Entrance Test:
- There will be a separate Entrance Examination for M.Phil. on May 31, 2015.
- The test will be based on M.Sc. standard.
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour.
- Centre of exam will be in Chennai only
Anna University M.Phil. Application Procedure:
There will be an entrance test to get admission in M.Phil. Courses. Below is the procedure to apply for the application of the entrance test
- Candidates have to register and fill up the M.Phil. Application Form Online through official website. Last date to apply is May 8, 2015.
- After filling up the form, candidates need to send the filled application form along with Demand Draft and required documents by in person or by post to the following address:
Centre of Admission,Anna University,
Chennai — 600025,Tamil Nadu, India.
Documents to be submitted along with the application:
- Attested copies of 10 and 10+2 Mark Sheet
- Mark lists of all the semesters of UG Programme
- Certificate and Provisional Certificate of Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree (Candidates appearing for final semester/year exam. of the Qualifying PG Degree in April/May 2015 have to enclose a bonafide certificate from the Head of the Institution where the candidate is studying or attested photocopy of the April/May 2015 University Examination Hall Ticket.
- Copy of Permanent Community Certificate issued by the competent authority in card format (for BC/BCM/MBC/SC/SCA/ST candidates).
- Medical Certificate issued by the District Medical Board for Differently abled person (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Three self-addressed covers stamped to the value of Rs.8/-(Rupees Five only) each.
Anna University M.Phil. Selection Criteria:
- Candidates will be selected as per the merit list prepared based on the marks secured in the entrance examination conducted by Anna University.
- Selected candidates will be called for counselling.
Anna University M.Phil. Counselling:
- The counselling of M.Phil. admission will be conducted at Anna University, Chennai — 600 025. Selected Candidates should attend counselling at their own cost with all their original certificates.
- The fee of to be payable at the time of counselling is 5000 INR in the form of a Demand Draft.