Admission for LL.B. / PGDIR & PM Courses:
Sambalpur University invites applications for admission to LL.B / PGDIR & PM Courses of Academic session 2015-16.
The last date of issue and submission of Admission application form is: June 25, 2015
Courses Offered and Seats:
|S. No.||Course Name||Duration||Seats|
Eligibility Criteria for Lajpat Rai Law College Sambalpur LL.B. / PGDIR PM Admission 2015:
Eligibility for LLB Course (Semester System):
- Candidate must have a Bachelor degree or any other degree considered by the Sambalpur University as equivalent thereto in any discipline with at least 45% of marks in aggregate
- For SC/ST candidate, the minimum eligibility is 40% mark in the aggregate in the Bachelor's degree
- A candidate having Master degree in Arts, Science, Commerce or any other discipline shall be given weight age of 2% of marks of aggregate in the qualifying exam only for the purpose of preparing the merit list.
Eligibility for PGDIR & PM Course:
A Bachelor degree in Arts, Science, Commerce or any other degree considered by the Sambalpur University as equivalent thereto with at least 40% of marks in the aggregate
How to Apply for Lajpat Rai Law College Sambalpur LL.B. / PGDIR PM Admission 2015:
- Candidate can obtain the application form and prospectus on payment of 300/- for general and Rs. 200/- for SC/ST applicants from the college office from June 01, 2015 on working day.
- Candidates can also obtain the application form by Registered Post on Payment of an additional amount of 50/-
- Applicants can also download the application from the university website www.suniv.ac.in
- Downloaded form should accompany a bank draft in any nationalized bank with requisite fee drawn in favour of "The Principal, L.R. Law College, Sambalpur" payable at Sambalpur
Selection Procedure for Lajpat Rai Law College Sambalpur LL.B. / PGDIR PM Admission 2015:
- Selection of candidates for admission will be done strictly on the basis of merit by Selection Committee.
- For the selection of candidate for admission be total percentage of aggregate marks obtained by the candidates out of the total mark in the qualifying examination
The applicant should check the following before submission / dispatch his/her application:
- The applicant must mention in capital letters at the top right hand corner on the front page of application whether he/she belongs to SC/ST/Physically handicapped or any other reserved category
- The undertaking forms should be duly filled in and signed by the applicant and his/her father or natural guardian
- The Index card should bear the full postal address of the applicant written legibly on it and postal stamp worth Rs.6/- should be affixed on it
- Attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of all exams starting from HSC should be submitted along with the form
- The original cash receipt showing the purchase of form or in case of forms obtained by post a Xerox copy of the Bank Draft should be enclosed
- An attested copy of the certificate from the C.D.M.O regarding his/her disability for 50% or more in case of physically handicapped candidates
- Attested copies of certificates obtained from competent authority must be submitted in case of candidates claiming concession towards reservation; in respect of SC/ST candidates from a Revenue Officer not below the rank of a Deputy Collector in absence of which the candidate will not be eligible to get concession allowed to SC/ST candidates
- 4 copies of passport size colour photographs taken within 2 months with the candidate's signature on the back side of the photograph
- A self-addressed envelope for mailing intimation