Ph.D. Programme under Junior Research Fellow Programme 2015:
National Institute of Virology (NIV), Pune invites applications for Ph.D. programme from candidates who are bonafide Indian citizens and having consistently good academic record.
Last Date for receipt of application form: June 19, 2015
Display of Short-Listed Candidates: June 30, 2015
Total Number of Vacancies: 8 Vacancies
Eligibility Criteria for NIV Pune Ph.D. Admission 2015:
- The candidate should have Postgraduate degree in any branch of Life Sciences/ Biological Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Bioinformatics having at least 50% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA). Students belonging to reserved category Maharashtra state only will be eligible for 5% relaxation.
- The candidate should hold a valid Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT-INSPIRE/BINC on the date of joining.
- Candidates who have qualified GATE or only Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) are not eligible to apply.
- The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which will be relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PH and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- NIV does not take any responsibility to provide financial assistance.
- Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be as directed by the agency awarding the fellowship.
- Those who have already availed fellowship in other organizations and seeking transfer should clearly indicate so, on their application.
How to Apply NIV Pune Ph.D. Admission 2015:
Application form for admission is available on the website www.niv.co.in / www.icmr.nic.in
- Candidate can submit their applications in the prescribed format to the Director, National Institute of Virology, S.No.130/1, Sus Road, Pashan, Pune – 411021 before June 19, 2015.
- Please super scribe "Application for Ph.D. programme 2015" on the left side of the envelope. Do not attach any certificates (Original or Photocopy) along with the application form.
- However, all the original documents must be produced at the time of interview.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates should attach self-attested photocopy of Caste Certificate/Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals should be produced at the time of interview.
Personal interview will be held at NIV, Pune. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on NIV / ICMR website.
Candidates should bring all the original and attested copies of following documents while attending the interview.
- Birth certificate/ proof of Date of birth
- If the candidates belongs to Reserved Category / Physical handicapped proper certificate issued by competent authority
- Statement of marks of each year/semester of graduation and post-graduation.
- Valid Fellowship Certificate
- For OBC category, valid Non-creamy layer certificate
Address:National Institute of Virology
20-A, Dr Ambedkar Road, Post Box No-11
Next to Marathi Church
NIV Fee Details