Annamalai University has been offering several under-graduate and post-graduate courses since its inception in 1929. It is a teaching and residential university having 49 departments of study and above 3240 teaching staff. It also provides distance education courses.
Faculty of Engineering and Technology conducts BE programme. Its application form can be obtained by June 12, 2015.
Annamalai University BE courses
Following is the list of branches in undergraduate engineering programmes run by university:-
- Civil Engineering
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
Annamalai University BE Eligibility Criteria
Following is the eligibility criteria for regular admission:-
- He/she should be citizen of India
- Native students of Tamil Nadu who have cleared VIII, IX, X , XI and XII in Tamil Nadu can apply without producing 'Nativity Certificate' whereas those who have done outside the state need to enclose the certificate
- They should have passed higher secondary examination or equivalent with 50% marks in mathematics, physics and chemistry together. For SC/ST students it is 40% whereas for OBC it is 45%.
18% of seats are reserved for SC students and 1% for those belonging to ST. 3% of seats are reserved for differently able person.
There is also special reservation for Tamil Nadu native students:-
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Orthopaedically differently able person||1%|
Annamalai University BE Application Process
Last date to apply is June 12, 2015. Mode of application is both online and offline.
How to apply
- Students can purchase the application form from University campus and study centers.
- They can also get the form by post by sending a request letter along with a demand draft in favor of 'The Registrar, Annamalai University', payable at Chennai.
- Application form can be downloaded from website- annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/adm
- Application form needs to be submitted at The Registrar, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar — 608 002, Tamil Nadu along with following documents:-
- Mark list/Grade Certificates of the qualifying examination
- Provisional/Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Community Certificate for BC/BCM/MBC/DNC/SC/SCA/ST
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Transfer and Conduct/Migration Certificate
- Certificate of extracurricular activities
Mode of Remittance
- By cash- It is INR 800 for general category candidates and INR400 for SC/ST
- By demand draft- It is INR 850 for GEN and INR 450 for SC/ST