Annamalai University, Directorate of Distance Education was established in the year 1979. It offers courses in various wings such as Arts, Commerce, Science, Engineering, Law, Management, Education etc. All the courses offered by Directorate of Distance Education are approved by Distance Education Council, New Delhi.
The university offers one year Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.L.I.S.) under Directorate of Distance Education.
Annamalai University Distance Education B.L.I.S. Eligibility:
Any degree or equivalent examination in one of the following:
- Library Management
- Library and Society
- Library Classification (Written Practicals)
- Library Classification (Theory)
- Library Cataloguing (Written Practicals)
- Library Cataloguing (Theory)
- Information Sources
- Introduction to Computer
- Information Service & SystemApplication Procedure:
Annamalai University Distance Education B.L.I.S. Application Procedure:
Candidates can apply Offline for admission into Distance Education Programme. The application fee is 100 INR. Following are the mode to apply:
How to Apply:
The Director,Directorate of Distance Education,Annamalai University,Annamalai Nagar – 608 002
- In person — Candidates can obtain application form from the Directorate or any of its Study Centres or Information Centres
- By Post – Application form can also be obtained through post by sending requisition specifying the programme along with a Demand Draft in favor of the Director, D.D.E, Annamalai University to
To get admission on spot, candidates need to submit the following documents in person:
- Filled Application Form.Passport size photograph should be pasted on the application form
- Original and photo-state copy of Degree / Provisional Certificate
- Original and photo-state copy of Transfe/Migration Certificate
- Original and photo-state copy of Community Certificate
- Demand Draft for the prescribed fees
Admission through Post:
Candidates who are seeking admission through post have to send the filled application form along with attested photo-copies of:
- Educational Certificate
- Transfer/ Migration Certificate
- Community Certificate (except OC)
- 2 passport size photographs pasted on Identity Card and Scanning Form.
Annamalai University Distance Education B.L.I.S. Result:
Candidates can get their result on the official website of the Annamalai University by submitting their Student Roll Number / Register Number.