Tamil Nadu Open University was established by Government of Tamil Nadu. It offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Research and certificate programmes in various fields.
The university offers both Full-Time and Part-Time M.Phil. programme through following Schools of Study:
- School of Computer Science [SOCS]
- School of Continuing Education [SOCE]
- School of Criminology and Criminal Justice Administration [SOCCJA)
- School of Education [SOE]
- School of History and Tourism Studies [SOHTS]
- School of Humanities [SOH]
- School of Management Studies [SOMS]
- School of Politics and Public Administration [SOPPA]
- School of Social Sciences [SOSS]
- School of Special Education and Rehabilitation [SOSER]
- School of Tamil and Cultural Studies [SOTCS]
The duration of full-time M.Phil. programme is one year and two years for part-time.
Tamil Nadu Open University M.Phil. Important Dates:
|Last date to receive filled application||June 30, 2015|
|Entrance Test||July 15, 2015 (Tentative)|
Tamil Nadu Open University M.Phil. Eligibility:
- Master degree with 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST) or equivalent grade point from any recognized university in India or abroad.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC / CSIR (JRF) Examination NET / SET / GATE / Teacher fellowship will be allowed in appearing entrance test.
Tamil Nadu Open University M.Phil. Selection Criteria:
- The selection of the candidates will be based on Entrance Test and Interview conducted by the university.
- 40% weightage consists of written test, 10% for Interview while remaining 50% to Master Degree.
- Rank list will be prepared after adding written test and interview marks in marks obtained in PG.
Tamil Nadu Open University M.Phil. Application Process:
Candidates can apply both in Online or Offline mode. The registration fee is 500 INR if paid by cash and 550 INR if paid through Demand Draft.
The Director,MPDD, TNOU, 577, Anna Salai, SaidapetChennai-600 015
- In Person — Application form along with prospectus can be obtained from the University Sales Counter, Study Centres and from University Coordinating Centres.
- By Post — Candidates can also get the application by post on payment of 150 INR by Demand Draft in favor of the Director, MPDD, TNOU, 577, Anna Salai, Saidapet at Chennai.
- Online – Candidates can download the application from the official website of the university and send the filled application along with Demand Draft to:
Tamil Nadu Open University M.Phil. Fee Details
|Programme||Application Fee||Registration Fee||Recognition Fee||Tuition Fee (Per year)|
|M.Phil.||500 INR||1000 INR||500 INR||5000 INR|