Tamil Nadu Open University was established in the year 2002 by an act of the legislative assembly of the Government of Tamil Nadu. It is the first open university in the state and has 100 courses in 13 schools and 7 divisions.
The university offers 3 year B.Com programme in following streams:
- Com General
- Accounting and Finance
- Corporate Secretaryship
- Bank Management
- Computer Application
The last date to receive filled application form for Calendar Year batch is April 30 and for Academic Year batch is October 31, 2015.
Tamil Nadu Open University B.Com Programme Detail:
- Minimum duration of the B.Com programmes is 3 years
- Maximum duration is 8 years
- Study material of B.Com courses is available at Study Centres of the university
- Candidates should secure a minimum of 35% (26 marks out of 75) in Term-End Examination and overall 40% in both Term-End Examination and Continuous Assessment taken together to complete each course
Tamil Nadu Open University B.Com Eligibility:
- Pass in Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent
- In case, candidates are from non-10+2 and completed 18 years of age, then they should have completed BPP (Bachelor Preparatory Programme) from any Open University or BPP of TNOU
Tamil Nadu Open University B.Com Application Procedure:
Candidates can apply Offline for admission into B.Com programmes. Last date to receive application is April 30, 2015 for Calendar Year and for Academic Year batch is October 31, 2015. Application fee is 100 INR if paid by cash and 150 INR if paid through DD.
- In Person — Application form along with prospectus can be obtained from the University Sales Counter, Study Centres and from University Coordinating Centres.
- By Post — Candidates can also get the application by post on payment of 150 INR by Demand Draft in favor of the Director, MPDD, TNOU, 577, Anna Salai, Saidapet at Chennai.
- Submission of Application Form — Duly filled application form along with the required documents and University copy of challan should be submitted at Study Centre approved by the University for the Programme for which application is made or at the Admission Wing of the University in Chennai either in person or by post.