Manish Sisodia to Centre: “JEE, NEET 2021 Should be Conducted on Reduced Syllabus,” Check Details Here

Durgesh Rai Durgesh Rai
Content Curator

Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Thursday recommended that syllabus for all classes should be reduced to 50 per cent as the classroom learning of students have been hampered due to COVID-19 pandemic and entrance exams like NEET and JEE should be conducted on the reduced syllabus next year.

“The current academic session is seriously disturbed due to ongoing Corona crises. The syllabus for all classes should be reduced to 50 per cent because of the continued loss of school days. Next year’s entrance exams like JEE and NEET should also be based on this reduced syllabus to align with the current year’s class syllabus,” said Manish Sisodia

Read: NEP 2020: No Plan to Revise Reservation Norms, Says Education Minister

Moreover, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia also suggested discontinuing class 10 and 12 board exams after the rollout of the new National Education Policy (NEP) on Thursday. He also recommended that the government must implement multi-year stage-wise classes and external assessment at the final of each stage.

Apart from this, he suggested that CBSE should not hold class 12 board exams before May 2021. As per Sisodia, this move will give students some more time to study.

The suggestions were made during the 57th General Council Meeting of NCERT chaired by Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank and was attended by state education ministers.

Read More: Manish Sisodia to Centre: Class 10, 12 Board Exams Should be Discontinued after the Launch of NEP 2020

About NEP

The government approved the NEP last month. It replaced the 34-year-old National Policy on Education established in 1986. The aim of NEP is to create a way for transformational reforms in school and higher education systems and to develop a global knowledge superpower in India