NIRF ranked Jadavpur University 12th in the top 100 universities and colleges of India. According to QS Asia rankings, it is ranked 136. Whereas, IIEST Shibpur has been ranked 19th by NIRF among the top colleges of India. As we know that IIEST Shibpur is one of the topmost engineering colleges in India and Jadavpur university is also making its mark so these colleges are often compared.
Given below is a brief comparison between the two institutes based on certain parameters.
Mechanical Engineering at IIEST Shibpur
- The course fee for Mechanical Engineering at IIEST Shibpur is ? 136,500 for the first year and a grand total of ?5.36 Lakhs.
- The eligibility criteria are that the aspirant must have passed 10+2 examinations with 75% marks and for selection one has to take JEE Advanced exam.
- The labs are well equipped with instruments to be able to meet the needs of the students, research scholars, faculty members, and staff.
- The students are provided with every latest technology that is needed to carry out their coursework smoothly.
- In 2020 42 students out of 64 students got placed and the number of recruiters came was 42. It witnessed the highest salary package of rupees 39.12LPA
- It also offers various Indian and abroad internships based on a student’s academic performance.
Mechanical Engineering at Jadavpur University
- Being a state college, Jadavpur conducts its entry through WBJEE scores. 90% of seats are saved for the habitation General classification and 10% of seats are for All Indian students
- The course fee for Mechanical Engineering at Jadavpur University is INR 2,400 per annum.
- It is not at all an easy task to get into Jadavpur university. An individual needs to get rankings under 1500 to make sure about a spot. A year ago, the cut off for Mechanical building was 379.
- In 2020 71 students out of 82 got placed from the stream Mechanical Engineering. The highest salary package offered was INR 16.8 LPA and the average salary package was INR 6.6 LPA
- Here, students receive various internships from Samsung, Oracle, Siemens, Microsoft, Amazon, and many more MNCs.
Anyone having any confusion has to which of the two is the best must-have got a clear idea of it by now for the above-mentioned comparisons.