Which is better, Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering Delhi (IPU) or Thapar University Patiala?

Answer
1 Answer

MP
mukul parashar October 23rd, 2020

Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering Delhi (IPU) is ranked in rank-band 251-300 by NIRF in 2020 and amongst 13 Indian Private Institutions, Asia has ranked Thapar University 2nd.

Admissions

Bharati Vidyapeeth (Delhi)

  • The university offers a B.Tech program in 5 specializations including Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, and Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
  • 90% of the admissions to B.Tech are based on IPU CET followed by counseling and the remaining 10% are through management quota. 
  • The eligibility required for admission is 10+2 with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks and Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

Thapar University

  • The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and Doctoral programs the admission of which is based on merit and entrance exam score. 
  • Scores of management national level exams such as CMAT, GMAT, XAT, CAT are also accepted by the university.

Placements

Bharati Vidyapeeth (Delhi)

  • The university conducts summer training and industrial training programs. Through the academic year 2014-2018, the overall placement rate was 76.24%. The top recruiters are Mahindra, E&Y, Samsung, Zycus, Indian Navy, Nagarro, HSBC, etc.
  • Additionally, around 15 to 20% opts for higher education and join reputed institutions in India including XLRI, IITs, IIMs as well as foreign universities.

Thapar University

  • For the last six years, the placements are consistently above 90%. The university has a placement cell which offers great opportunities to the students. 
  • The highest package for 2020 is INR 43 LPA and the average package is INR 8.5 LPA. 
  • In 2018-19, a total of 282 companies visited the campus, and a total of 994 placements were offered of which 972 students were placed.

A wide range of scholarships is offered by the Thapar university. Around 75 scholarships are offered to meritorious and deserving candidates. In addition to this, organizations such as the Vimalsons Charitable Foundation, Indian Oil, and the Government of various states also offer scholarships to university students. However, Bharati Vidyapeeth Delhi does not offer any scholarships to the students.

0
0

Report


Add your question

Tips on getting good answers quickly
  • Make sure that your question not been asked Already
  • Keep your questions short and to the point
  • Double check grammar and spellings
Character Limit0/ 200
Your Question
Checkout similar Questions
×