How is the placement scenario in IIT Hyderabad for an MTech electrical?

Answer
Share
More
1 Answer

Ankita Sarkar Nov 7, 2020

IIT Hyderabad was the first institute to begin a M.Tech programme in Data Science for working executives and professionals. It is ranked 8th by NIRF, amongst the top engineering colleges in the country. It has one of the best technology incubators for electrical engineering students in the country for Fabless Chip Design in collaboration with top industry giants and universities of Japan.

The table given below shows a brief overview of the institute:

Category

IIT Hyderabad

Total fees

2-4 lakhs

Companies Visited

Adobe, Amazon, Microsoft, Mercedes, Airtel, etc.

Highest Package

44 lpa

Average package

8-11 lpa

Placement Statistics:

  • A total of 24 students registered for the placement from Electrical Department.
  • The overall placement rate of the institute was 87.50% while the other 12.50% students opted for higher studies.
  • The median salary offered to the students was 12.50 LPA.

Placement Overview for Electrical Engineering at IIT Hyderabad –

  • Average placement percentage of the Electrical Engineering department was 85%.
  • Students are placed in various sectors like FMCG, Conglomerate, Auto, Banking and Insurance, Logistics and Education, IT and Analytics Consulting.
  • Microelectronics and VLSI students have also 90% placement record and are hired by many government organizations like DRDO, ISRO, SAIL
  • Power systems and power electronics alongwith Communications and Signal processing are other branches under electrical which have 10.75 LPA as average salary offered

Recruiting Companies

Deloitte, Barclays, Oppo, OYO, Goldman Sachs, Intel, ISRO, Panasonic, Siemens, Capgemini, Toshiba, MediaTek, Mathworks, Gamesa, Salesforce, Robert BOSCH, and many more.

The college has been ranked under top 100 by QS Asia BRICS. It is one of the best for pursuing PG, hence students should make an informed choice and work diligently.

0
0
Share