The answer is yes, rather a big yes. There are mainly opportunities for summer training courses as well as internships under KTU.
Understand the internship's actual meaning
- You can continue an internship at the time of semester breaks.
- The faculties will help you to find out nearby worksites and companies so that you could utilize the time of semester break.
- The industries can be small but the attachment of the student is needed for their future career perspectives.
When to do the internship
- You get two months’ pause from the end of one semester and to begin of next semester classes.
- In this gap, you can do their internship as per your respective subjects for summer training courses as well as internships.
Busy with Supplementary Exams
- It should be cleared that this summer internships programs are only for that student who cleared all the subjects in semester 1.
- However, it is seen in most of the cases that the students have papers that are lagging behind, and they cannot apply for internships. You can do it in the upcoming years.
Why you should do this internship
- The internship program is important to complete the B.Tech degree successfully under KTU.
- If you want to get minimum credit points of 100, then you must be involved with various extra curriculum activities like ED CLUB, NSS, Internships, Sports, Arts etc.
Where you should do their internship
- You should join as an apprentice at any industry, related to your stream, at least for 5 days.
- You should submit a small report related to their work to the industry officials.
- You will also receive an industry certificate after the completion of this internship, which you can submit to the institute to earn points.
One of my friends is a student from the Mechanical Engineering stream. He conducted his internship in Kerala State Water Transport Corporation, along with Royal Enfield (Second Year Internship).