The general preference is that none of the two colleges is a feasible option for pursuing B.Sc (Chemistry). The reasons behind this are listed separately below for both the colleges:
- Xavier’s is not a good option for chemistry. The faculty is not equipped in teaching in-depth concepts. They do not provide the requisite exposure for broadening a student's knowledge base.
- A general tendency of faculties is that they don’t recommend books. A huge amount of knowledge is gained by using internet sources which in turn makes them dependent on electronic sources.
- Internal politics is also an inevitable element of the campus culture. A lot of distraction is inherent in the day-to-day activities.
- Jadavpur University also gives very less exposure in terms of the knowledge base.
- A large amount of attention is focused on internal politics which hampers the educational and professional growth of the candidates.
Both the colleges reflect quite a dismal picture for this particular course, but even if the choice has to be made it will shift towards Xavier’s Kolkata as in:
- It is the only NAAC Accredited A++ institute in West Bengal making your degree more reputed and acceptable. It will provide larger scope for better career options in the market.
- It allows individuals to look out to different personality domains of a candidate as it gives opportunity in the form of various cultural & social events.
Overall, Xavier’s is a better option than Jadavpur University in every aspect.