Yes, I do choose to attend college. • The Infrastructure of the college is very appealing. • The equipment of kitchen service as well as other departments are available which is very good for practical knowledge • The college is a bit far from the city area and there is no facility for a college bus.
• There are two courses for Hotel Management which are BSc. In hospitality and Bachelor of hotel management and catering technology. • BSc. Hospitality is of 3 yrs & Bachelor of hotel management and catering technology is of 4 yrs. • There is industrial training between the course which is of 5 to 6 months for both courses. • Bachelor of hotel management and catering technology course has specialization in last 3 Semester.
• Internship is compulsory for this course. • In the 3rd year the internship is taken in the hotels which are chosen by the students. • International internship is also available for the students. • The internship program is of 5 to 6 months depending upon the course you have choosen.
• Campus interview is conducted for the students for placements. • Lots of hotels comes in the college for interview such as JW Marriott, Oberoi, Sahara star, Shereton grand etc. • Faculty helps a lot during the interviews by taking mock interviews and helping in building the resume.
• Fees of Bachelor of hotel management and catering technology is 120000 per year. • For OBC the fees is around 66000. • For SC & ST the fees is around 5000 • There is Scholarship of open Category in which the 50% of the fees come back at the end of the year. • Campus interview are also there.
• The Campus is outskirts so it is peaceful. • The campus is pretty large with lots of area for the students to hangout. • The is parking facility for students inside the college. • Events such as sports day, food festival, Fresher party, Send-off party are conducted.
The campus interview starts from our last year that is 4th year. Many companies like Oberoi, Taj group and much other conduct our interview. Besides students can go to other hotels for interview. We also have training in our 3rd sem. There are 100% placements.
About placements - Students from the 5th and 6th semester are eligible for the campus interviews. The rate of students getting place every year is very high. The top recruiting companies of our course are Taj, Oberoi, ITC, JW Marriott and so on.
I chose this course because I wanted to explore the hotel industry. The faculty is very supportive and very educated. They all were working in good 5 star hotels 30:70. Term exams were semester wise and there was the internal assessment that helps students in knowing the pattern of semester exams. And the internal assessment marks were added to the semester. So if u didn't perform well in the semester assessment marks can save you. It's not that difficult to pass you can go through the past year papers and study.
All the reputed 5-star companies come to our college for placements such as Tah hotel, Oberoi group, four seasons, st.regis, ITC hotel, Starbucks, and many more such brands. The salary you get after is course is nearly about 16000 to 22000 per month. Generally 90%+ students get placed from the campus itself but due to covid reasons in 2020, the placements were affected.
Our college has a record of getting 100% placement every year to date. In the third year of your college, you will be eligible to sit in the placements. In the 5&6th semester, companies start to come and take interview and conduct test for the recruitment of students. Huge properties like Taj, Oberoi and many other properties come every year. And some quick service restaurant's also come for recruitment.
The students are eligible for campus placements in the last semester. Companies like Hyatt, JW, Conrad, dominos, Radisson come in to recruit the students. A minimum base salary is offered to the students by the companies based on their selection of department for specialisation. A good 80% student population are promised a good package job by the companies. It also depends on your merit scores in the past 4 years. My plan after graduating is to do my masters in sales& PR abroad.
IHM Mumbai is the oldest Hotel Management institute in India and is a prestigeous college. The faculties are also very experienced, helping and friendly. The campus is very small as compared to other colleges annd also the infrastructure is not very well maintained. The building has many cracks as it is very old. The campus is neat and clean and hygienic. This college offers one of the best placements and exposure in this field.
There was an online Join Entrance Exam for the admission i.e, NCHMCT JEE. It was a 200 question MCQ paper which was held online. It was quite easy to clear the exam, the level was not very difficult. It included aptitude, situation based questions, grammar, vocabulary, basic maths and calculations, current affairs and general knowledge.
Since you didn't get the hostel in the first year so the expenses for living will be very high as sky touching. The pg will take upto 13000per month for six sharing plus deposits and other charges. So i suggest you to take flat in sharing. Also for the night you have to arrange your dinner from yourself and morning breakfast also. Because college is going to provide you only the lunch
Follow & Share this college to get information about admission.