AWESOME YEARS OF MY LIFE.
I don't think there were any issues. Once in a while girls had little hygiene related issues from college washrooms otherwise we never faced any issue regarding anything else.
I got admission through cutoff list and I chose this college which is one of the best college in University of Delhi. I always wanted to be a Gargiite and the academics of this college is also admirable.
FEE STRUCTURE AND FACILITIES
The fee structure is as low as no fee i paid around 10000 each year and completed my graduation in like 30000. It is so affordable and you get to study in college like Gargi is totally unbelievable. The fee was never a burden to my parents either. Fee structure was affordable and paying it each year was easy.
A lot of high class companies visits our campus and all the students are informed in advance through notice board so that they can apply accordingly. A lot of my friends right after the college got over and that too with a good package. Many of them did internships before they started pursuing their masters. We also had option to take internships during holidays.
Initially I checked all the cut off lists in all leading newspaper. When third cut off list came out,I could see that i was eligible for admission in the course. I wanted to take philosophy (hons) since the beginning. I went to the same day the cut off list came out. Took the form from college itself.Filled the form and deposited the fee and got admission. I think the entire procedure took about 2 hours and I became the part of Gargi College then and there only. It was hassle free experience.
Gargi always maintained its food quality in college. If they use to get a lot of complaints,they use to change the caterer. Apart from college canteen there was Nestle kiosk which had coffee, ice tea, maggi, pastries and also there was coke station which had snacks and bakery.
My seniors were really very helpful. From notes to extracurricular activities to survive in college,they helped us all the way.
The faculty of Gargi College is awesome. Many of the lecturers visut Harvard and Oxford for speaking on their knowledge. They are really amazing, friendly and know the depth to their subjects.They use to make us understand each topic so nicely that we never had any issue throughout the semester.
My college was girls college so I can't comment on gender ratio. There was no biased behavior to anybody. I think everyone was friendly and happy and I never saw any kind of racism in my college every student from all over the country actively participated in all kind of activities nobody ever felt discriminated.
Exams are always hectic. Who likes exams though it was semester system so the whole syllabus was kind of divided which made it easier on our shoulders. Plus 25% marks were from internal assessments so we had to work for the rest 75% in semester exams. We also use to get marks for attendance and passing marks was 40% which was cool.
COURSE CURRICULUM OVERVIEW
Gargi college is known for its academics. It has got best faculties. You will get top class knowledge and education. One actually need to study hard to get through each semester. Apart from it there are many extra curricular societies which is also there for you hobby and personality development.
In my college there are internship programmes and also there are a lot of companies which come for campus selection. When I was in my ginal year,companies like google, zomato, infosys and many other came for the same.
In my college our annual function was Reverie which takes place in the month of February every year. It includes many competitions for each societies, awesome food, different stalls an celebrity performer. Also there are small fests happening through out the year.
LOAN/ SCHOLARSHIP PROVISIONS
I do not have idea about it but you get scholarship when you top the college in its exams. There were several competitions in which if you win you get scholarships they were sponsored scholarships.