1. Batch strength is small which allows you to avail of good internship and placement opportunities. 2. IIT Kharagpur as a campus allows you to avail all the services and you are constantly engaged with engineering minds in and outside the classroom. 3. Teacher to student ratio is 1 of the best in India. 4. Great opportunities and greater ROI on your MBA program investment.
1. VGSOM IIT Kgp offers you MBA in General Management, however, it gives the liberty to the students to choose their own electives as per their interest, You can avail a wide range of electives from Marketing, Finance, Data Analytics, HR, Supply Chain. 2. The faculty holds expertise in their domains as they have prior experience of the industry as well as learned scholars. 3. Guest & Industrial experts visit the campus to offer lectures on the buzzing topics of the industry 4. Alumni network is great and allows you to explore your interest in diverse domains.
The exact data for stipends with companies cannot be disclosed here. For that information, you can visit the VGSOM IIT KGP website and see the wide range of roles that are being offered. In consulting, we have Analytics Consultant, Technical Consultant roles. In Marketing, we have Digital Marketing roles, Business Development & Sales roles, CRM roles, etc. In Finance we have Global markets advisory, business analyst, financial analyst roles. We also have roles like MT- operations, SCM Analyst, Procurement manager, catalog manager roles, etc offered to our students for internships and final placements. The average stipend is approximately 1,07,000 and the highest goes upto 3,00,000 INR
For a small batch size, ample opportunities come the way of students. Great pay and roles are there to avail if you have the right mindset and commitment. We have been completing 100% placements consistently for the past 4 years and added some big brands like ITC, Amazon, AkzoNobel, Jio Saavn, Dell, RBI, etc.
1. Ample opportunities in diverse domains. Consulting and Operations are the majorly offered roles. Data Analytics & IT-related roles are also available for students. 2. Good pool of companies with big brands like PwC, Deloitte, EY, ITC, Accenture, Amazon has been legacy recruiters for the campus. 3. Fees is just 10 Lacs for the 2-year program and it offers one of the best ROI in India. 4. Fees Waiver for Economically backward class can also be availed as this is a Govt entity
1. 22 clubs & committees to choose from where each club and committee has a unique role and responsibility. 2. I am from the Placement Committee and here the placements are completely driven by the Placement Committee so it offers you truly great exposure to how to deal with corporate recruiters. 3. Other than that, there are corporate & media interaction cells, alumni committees, admissions committees,s and clubs of marketing, finance, stock trading, consulting, etc. 4. The campus life is amazing because you get 2100 acres of IIT KGP campus to explore with your peers.
Hostel accommodation is given. Good well-spaced rooms with hygiene and the toilets are shared between 2 rooms. The hostel has a mess that offers both veg and nonveg food and has a decent taste. The hostel brings in great memories before exams as students pull all-nighter studying. Night canteens are also open so you can kill the hunger at night after you are done studying.
1. Selection process involves an initial shortlist based on your CAT Score. There is no sectional cut-off for the respective 3 sections 2. After that, there is a written round where you are given a topic and you have to write an article on that. Generally, the topic is based on the current topics so it's important to be well versed with the ongoing scenarios in India and at the global level. 3. After that, there is a PI round where generally there is 2 or 3 panelist. As it's IIT PI, the interview is pretty technical based on your engineering concepts and it's an application in business scenarios
VGSoM selects candidates for the selection process on the basis of CAT percentile which must not be less than 90 percentile. In the next stage, personal interview is conducted. Female candidates get gender diversity weightage of 2 marks in the composite score that is calculated for final selection.
This year, out of the total strength of 120, 116 students had registered and all were placed successfully. 30 students had even received Pre Placement opportunities. The highest offer was recorded as INR 26.5 LPA and the average was INR 18.44 LPA. Highest and 25% of the batch was placed in Consulting domain. Ford, Berger Paints, Larsen & Toubro, Juspay, Revfin, Oxane Partners, Kotak Mahindra and ICICI Bank were some of the top recruiters.
Students get placed from the 3rd semester. Berger paints, LG, pantaloon, shopper stop, ICICI bank, HDFC bank many more companies come for placement. During the lockdown, the college provides us with 100%internship from various companies and provide us with continued interviews until everyone gets placed
from the end of 3rd semester the companies start to come and students are eligible to get the offer and in various case, they start to work as well, this depends on the organization and their urgency. I'm an alumnus of 2018-2020 batch and the highest placement provided by the college was of CTC 12 LPA after passing out I developed my skill in the field of Digital Marketing which helped me to land up in a proper advertising as well as engaging job.
I had to clear the UPSEE exam for admission into this college for MBA, and based on the marks counseling will be organized by the AKTU. Based on the candidate's academic score and entrance score a merit list will be prepared. After counselling and the document verification process, admission is done.
The placement cell of the college helps us in many ways possible, they train us in the internship processes too. The companies that come here are reliance, Tech Mahindra, TCS. About 70% of the students get placed with an average salary of 25 k per month.
The admission process of the college is quite simple. Students have to mention the marks from the previous qualification and on the basis of merit list they get admission. Thereafter college conduct the screening process and verification of required documents.
The placement rate of the college is 90% above. All the eligible students get placements with good salary packages from the top class and we'll known industries like Infosys, Google, Lenovo etc. The knowledge which is provided by the college is so beneficial which a student can see when placement cell ask questions about your course then you will have almost all the answers if you have attended the classes seriously.
Extra curricular activities were commendable as most of the time we use to focus on our self to showcase the businessman skills like in some events there were business games where various business related activities like putting up of stalls and demonstrating the marketing strategies were easily located.
The members of Governing body never conducts Entrance test. But students are required to possess a valid MAT/ CAT/ XAT score in order to be eligible for the MBA course.
Fees once paid are not refundable under any circumstances. But If a student is seriously ill then their fees can be transferred to the next semester. Per Semester fees are 75,000 and Admission fee is 10,000.
Follow & Share this college to get information about admission.