AIPMT, Being a doctor is a noble profession. It will help to serve the mankind after completion of course.
Many of the students in M.B.B.S. prepare for the Postgraduate entrance examination ,i.e. NEET-PG to pursue specialty courses in different disciplines. The placements are not being done in medical colleges. The college ranking is decided according to the exposure of patients and the no. of students being selected for PG.
I scored All India Rank 146 (Category) in AIPMT. Result was released on 17th Aug 2015. I got this college in 3rd round of counselling of AIPMT for 15% seats quota, i.e., All India Quota. Then I was asked to report at the college by the time interval given to submit the required documents and the fees.
Alumni network is so good. Seniors are much helping and cooperative. Seniors help a lot in many aspects of life. We too help our seniors to make their things easier.
The faculties are well qualified, with good experience. The student to faculty ratio is really good. The faculties are supportive in the fields, i.e. academics, cultural, and sports events. The best thing about the college is that the there is proper distribution of departments accordingly.
The gender ratio is almost 1:1. The college has various cultural societies including Cultural societies like music, dance and drama societies. Academic society, sports society etc. The environment of college is pretty good with regards to the racial and sexual basis. The regionalism is the most prevalent problem in the college which causes the students to divide in different groups.
The exam structure is really good. The college conducts internal assessment examinations for 20% of the overall marks for each year and the remaining 80% are being scored from the University Exam. The exam pattern is do good as it includes Subjective and objective questions.
COURSE CURRICULUM OVERVIEW
The course structure is well arranged which includes basic subjects in 1st and 2nd year and clinical subjects from 3rd year onwards. The 1st year subjects are Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry. The 2nd year subjects include Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology and F.M.T. The clinical subjects include E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Medicine and Surgery.
Yes, our college provides internship as it is necessary to do it for 1 year to complete the M.B.B.S course. The stipend is about ₹6000/month for interns after M.B.B.S. The students have to work really hard during their internship.
LOAN/ SCHOLARSHIP PROVISIONS
Many times of scholarships are being granted to the students of Maharashtra by the government as well as the college and no scholarship is being granted to students from All India Quota.