The University has been adjudged as the Fifth State Run Universities in India by the Sunday Indian 2011. The University has been ranked amongst top 50 Universities in India and placed at 32 and 33 in the surveys conducted by the popular English magazines India Today and The Week in 2013 respectively. In 2014, the University was ranked as 29th position by India Today.
The admission is offered through a common entrance exam, the final merit list is prepared by giving 60% weightage to an aspirant’s score in the entrance exam and the remaining 40% weightage is allotted to average marks scored by the candidates in his UG course (upto Semester V). Though, the college also accepts scores of other entrance exams also, but weightage would be given as per the criteria only.
The university has separate hostels for women for research scholars and PG students and men's hostel is mainly for research scholars and MBA & Additional Hostel are mainly for PG students. All hostels are well equipped with basic and modern facilities like washing machine, geysers, refrigerators, beds, study table etc, and are attached with adequate guest rooms to accommodate the guests who visit the hostels.
There are two canteens functioning in the University campus and it functions on all working days of the University and also cater to the students of Distance Education, as and when the contact programmes are organized in the campus. The working hours of canteen are 9.00 am to 5.30 pm. Snacks, vegetarian and some times non-vegetarian food items are available for students, staff, parents and visitors.
COURSE CURRICULUM OVERVIEW
Course curriculum is very flexible as well as rigid. It has been prepared keeping in mind all the constraints that can occur during the academic year like unexpected holidays, compulsory events, seminars etc and has been designed by the separate committee who has a understanding of the market and the industry's requirements also. The college makes sure that there are no loopholes and students can learn and grow at their own pace.