Konstfack University of Arts, Crafts and Design, Sweden’s largest, independent university, was founded in 1844 in Stockholm, Sweden. The university offers great research opportunities to its students through the exchange and joint projects with around 60 universities and colleges.
|University Type||Independent University|
|No. of Departments||4|
|No. of Programs (in English)||Master’s – 5 PhD – 1 (joint)|
|Residence Permit Required||Yes|
Programs and Residence Permit
- Bachelor’s programs are taught only in Swedish. They, therefore, require proficiency in Swedish language before enrolment in a bachelor’s program.
- Master’s programs, taught in English, are offered in 5 different areas – Craft, Design, Fine Arts, Visual Communication and Visual Culture and Learning
- The University offers a joint doctoral program of Art, Design and Technology, with one application round per year.
- It is compulsory for all the students to have a Residence Permit for studying in Sweden.
Konstfack University of Arts, Crafts and Design Admissions
- Application Form: The students have to apply to the university programs through the national portal for admission – universityadmissions.se – along with the supporting documents.
- Common requirements: Transcripts
- Language Proficiency Tests: Equivalent to English course 6
- The application fee: 900 SEK
- Additional requirements: Master’s - Portfolio of artwork, assignment, project proposal, statement of intent, interview
- Intake Window: Master’s – 1 December – 15 January
Note: For Master’s in Fine Arts, the students have to also upload the assignment to konstfack.se. The students can also send the required supporting documents (except the assignment) to the university by post in lieu of uploading them on the national portal.
English Proficiency Test
Following score is equivalent to English course 6, which is the accepted level taught at the Swedish senior secondary level.
|IELTS||6.5 or more|
|TOEFL||90 - iBT|
|575 - PBT|
|Program type||Fee per year||Total Fee|
|Master’s program (120 credits)||2,65,000 SEK||5,30,000|
The students can know about the Swedish Institute Scholarships as well as other available scholarships through Study in Sweden. The Swedish Institute Scholarships cover the tuition cost as well as the living expenses.