Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry, established in 1964 offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses viz. MBBS, MD/MS and B.Sc/M.Sc programs along with several diploma and certificate courses. The Institute also offers DM/M.Ch/Fellowship at the super-speciality level and a PhD at the research level.
Admission to the courses is done on the basis of the JIPMER Entrance Exam conducted every year.
- For MBBS, one must have passed 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology.
- MBBS Admission will be based on NEET exam.
- For MD/MS courses, The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- For MDS, The applicants must possess BDS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- Admission to all the PG will be done on the basis of JIPMER PG exam.
- The Selection for Ph.D. registration will be done on the basis of a Written Examination followed by an interaction with the PhD Admission Committee.