Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) is a Private Institute located in Mesra, Ranchi and was established in the year 1955. BIT Mesra is Deemed to be the University. BIT Mesra is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The university offers various UG and PG courses in addition to Ph.D. and M.Phil. Research courses.
BIT Mesra Quick Updates:
March 20, 2020:
Registration for BBA, BCA Admission have begun. Last Date
to Apply: June 10. Click Here
Check BIT Mesra Admission
BIT Mesra Highlights
Deemed to be University
10,000 Online Journals,
100 Print Journals,
60 Audiocassettes and 4,000 Project Reports.
11 (for Boys)
3 (for Girls)
How to Reach
16 km (from BIT Mesra Bus Stop)
2.1 km (from Mesra Railway Station)
20.2 km (from Ranchi Airport)
BIT Mesra Courses and Admission
BIT Mesra UG and Integrated Courses Admission
Admissions to UG and Integrated courses are done on basis of marks acquired by a candidate in 10+2 or equivalent (in relevant field) and required Entrance exam.
- CBSE – Minimum 50% marks (for B.E.)
- CBSE – Minimum 60% marks (for B.Sc. + M.Sc.)
- JEE Main Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for BE)
- JEE/ NEET-UG Entrance Exam – (for B.Pharm.)
- Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for BHMCT).
- NATA Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for B.Arch.)
Final Selection to the programs is based on the allocation of seats through Counselling conducted by the concerned counseling authority. Whereas, selections for BHMCT program are based on scores obtained in Entrance Exam conducted by the Institute.
BIT Mesra PG Admission
Admissions to PG courses are done on basis of marks acquired by a candidate in their Bachelor’s Degree Examination or equivalent (in relevant field) and required an Entrance exam.
- Bachelor’s Program – Minimum 50% marks (for MBA and M.Sc.).
- Bachelor’s Program – Minimum 55% marks (for ME/ M.Tech., M.Pharm., M.Plan. and MCA).
- CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for MBA).
- GATE Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for ME/ M.Tech. and M.Plan.).
- GPAT Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for M.Pharm.)
- BIT-MCA Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for MCA).
Final Selection to the programs is based on the allocation of seats through Counselling conducted by the concerned counseling authority. Whereas, selections to the MBA program are based on Group Discussions & Personal Interview conducted by the Institute.
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission
Birla Institute of Technology offers a three-year full-time Ph.D. research course, candidates should hold a Master’s degree in relevant field with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Final selection of candidates is done on the basis of:
- Entrance Test followed by Personal Interview conducted by BIT.
- UGC (NET)/ CSIR (JRF) Examination (for Ph.D.).
- SLET/ GATE/ Teacher Fellowship holders (for Ph.D.).
- Direct award of Fellowship by DST (INSPIRE), ICMR or any such national agency (Ph.D.).
- Any other equivalent test.
Also, Check BIT Mesra Fees
BIT Mesra Placement
BIT Mesra offers Placements to candidates through their Central Placement Cell where the students are counseled and trained before appearing for an interview.
Average Package Offered
6.83 Lakh p.a.
Highest Package Offered
27 Lakh p.a.
Click here BIT Mesra Placement
BIT Mesra Ranking
Body / Magazine
12 (for Pharmacy)
BIT Mesra Facilities
- Hi-Tech laboratories.
- Indoor and Outdoor games facilities.
- Hostels with 24*7 Security system.
- Auditoriums with intake capacity of 2,500 people.
- Guest House.
- Shopping Complex & Co-operative store.
- Stationery Shop.
- Marketing Complex.
- Health Care Facilities.
- 24 hrs. Emergency services.
- Vehicles Section.